Wynyard hall

Is it that bad suggesting people give money rather than a shite gift like? Surely gifting stuff goes back to when people would get married before they'd live with each other. Who'd do that now?

Its not so much giving cash that I have any real issue with, it does make sense. Its those crappy poems that go in the invites that annoy me, and the sense of entitlement that you should be able to tell people what you want them to give you.

This is the sort of thing I mean, it was on a cardboard wishing well at the entrance to a friends reception venue.

TO save you the trouble of shopping or buying
Here's an idea we know you'll love trying
Come to the wedding to wish us both well
And make some use of our little wishing well
Just put some, money or cheque in a card
And make a wish, see it isnt that hard
You'll see that we've saved you a whole lot of fuss
Now come join our party, and celebrate with us

Its not so much giving cash that I have any real issue with, it does make sense. Its those crappy poems that go in the invites that annoy me, and the sense of entitlement that you should be able to tell people what you want them to give you.

This is the sort of thing I mean, it was on a cardboard wishing well at the entrance to a friends reception venue.

What's the point in buying something the couple neither want nor need tho? Seems such a small thing to take offense at. (I realise it's not just you mate but I've quoted you anyway).

Fuck me the cheeky bastard
The best of it is one of my sisters was maid of honour and it pushed my other sisters nose out of joint then she found out she had to pay £250 for the room for two neets. Needless to say it cheered up my sister who had been left out.

As king for money seems highly logical to me. I already have a toaster thanks.
I think it’s the point of ‘asking’ or ‘expecting’ presents. Probably ok to say to parents drop iz a few quid but asking guests is out of order. If someone buys you a toaster knowing you have lived with your wife to be for a while they are idiots and shouldn’t be at your wedding.

Last edited:
The best of it is one of my sisters was maid of honour and it pushed my other sisters nose out of joint then she found out she had to pay £250 for the room for two neets. Needless to say it cheered up my sister who had been left out.

I think it’s the point of ‘asking’ or ‘expecting’ presents. Probably ok to say to parents drop iz a few quid but asking guests is out of order. If someone buys you a toaster knowing you have lived with your wife to be for a while they are idiots and shouldn’t be at your wedding.
Any idea what the groom thought of all of it?

As king for money seems highly logical to me. I already have a toaster thanks.
Shouldn't be asking for anything. Money or gifts. Not 12 year olds at Christmas

Any idea what the groom thought of all of it?

Shouldn't be asking for anything. Money or gifts. Not 12 year olds at Christmas
He is as bad as her. His dar is a business man from Newcastle. I went through to do a job for them after they bought a house near the metro centre (his dad again)
This was before they got married. Anyway it was just boxing in some pipework. So at the end he asked how much I said just the materials and a tenner diesel. So it was £45. He only had £50 and said “keep the fiver you need it more than me”. The cheeky fuck.
The best of it was his dar was a topper bloke, big mag fan but got me loads of work for Newcastle city works.

I think the new Hampton has just opened in Stockton. Might be worth a try as they might have introductory offers on etc.

I was at a wedding at Wynyard Hall last month. Btl t of Corona was £4.50 and a btl of wine was £29. The food was so so.

I see your point but if you don’t specify what you want it will leave a shit load of people perplexed as to what to do so you’ll probably end up with cash anyway.

There’s so much “tradition” that people would be confused if you never said anything about what you wanted.

Fill the car boot full of drink anarl or gift bags with bottles in, a few people we sat with did this years ago.

Was liking have a free bar under the table

Becareful doing that as it's now written into a lot of contracts at big hotelsif people bring their own then the bride and groom will lose a hefty deposit. A work colleague recently had it written in their invitations not to bring their own. We used to take presents containing alcohol away and keep them in an office

What’s up Phil?

Becareful doing that as it's now written into a lot of contracts at big hotels the bride and groom have to pay a deposit and if people bring their own then they lose a hefty deposit. A work colleague recently had it written in their invitations not to bring their own. We used to take presents containing alcohol away and keep them in an office

Not my worry as I don’t do it

I’ll just drink it

Last edited:
I mustn’t knock about with normal people like you

Each to their own
Imagine how scruffy you look sneaking under the table to get a cheap can while everyone else is going up to the bar. Been at work do’s when people have been doing this and it was embarrassing to be associated with them. They thought it was hilarious as well.

Back