Wynyard hall

Fletch

Striker
Anywhere nearby could stay that won’t financially take the piss , for a wedding jolly . Never the same if drive it

Premier Inn at Wolviston Services about 3 mile away.
Done it couple of year ago when a cousin booked all the rooms in the hotel and expected everyone to pay. Cheeky fuck. That was after she give a ‘wedding gift book’ out and you had to tick what you were buying.
Turned out the grooms father had paid for the top wedding package for them and she was trying to pull money back in for the honeymoon.
Never seen her or spoke to her since.

Mind what a f***ing do!!!!

We stayed on the grounds, wasn't 'that' much. Still a bit pricey, lovely place mind. Someone ended up in the little river thing. Was about £6 a bottle. Wedding lasted a year, knew it would...

Done it couple of year ago when a cousin booked all the rooms in the hotel and expected everyone to pay. Cheeky fuck. That was after she give a ‘wedding gift book’ out and you had to tick what you were buying.
Turned out the grooms father had paid for the top wedding package for them and she was trying to pull money back in for the honeymoon.

I hate wedding present lists, almost as much as I hate those crappy poems they put in invites that essentially say "dont buy us anything, we just want the money for our honeymoon".

I was at a wedding last year, where some rich uncle who couldnt attend sent two cases of wine as a gesture. I overheard the bride and her mum criticising said rich uncle for not sending money, as they had specifically asked in the invite. They opened the bottles and put them on the tables for the guests.
One of the blokes on my table googled the wine, and it was serious stuff, the two cases cost well over £300. He kept very quiet but we all had a giggle. The mother of the bride had been so harsh on him for sending wine.

Found out months later that when they opened the wedding card that came with the wine, this uncle had explained that the wine was an investment for the future provided the cases and bottles were kept intact.

Fill the car boot full of drink anarl or gift bags with bottles in, a few people we sat with did this years ago.

Was liking have a free bar under the table

Last edited:

Alright cuz?

I hate wedding present lists, almost as much as I hate those crappy poems they put in invites that essentially say "dont buy us anything, we just want the money for our honeymoon".

I was at a wedding last year, where some rich uncle who couldnt attend sent two cases of wine as a gesture. I overheard the bride and her mum criticising said rich uncle for not sending money, as they had specifically asked in the invite. They opened the bottles and put them on the tables for the guests.
One of the blokes on my table googled the wine, and it was serious stuff, the two cases cost well over £300. He kept very quiet but we all had a giggle. The mother of the bride had been so harsh on him for sending wine.

Found out months later that when they opened the wedding card that came with the wine, this uncle had explained that the wine was an investment for the future provided the cases and bottles were kept intact.
Devastating that like. :lol:

I met a lad half a dozen times once a month and sent a dozen texts to him, he invited me to his wedding (i’d Never met his missus or kids) and he said they were only accepting money to get an extension on his house :lol::lol:
Nice lad though but he spoilt himself.

How far away do you live,depending on distance you could probably make good saving on the Wynyard Hall price by getting a taxi there and back,plus no worry about driving home the next day possibly still over the limit.

Is it that bad suggesting people give money rather than a shite gift like? Surely gifting stuff goes back to when people would get married before they'd live with each other. Who'd do that now?

Is it that bad suggesting people give money rather than a shite gift like? Surely gifting stuff goes back to when people would get married before they'd live with each other. Who'd do that now?
I always give cash anyway. It's the best gift for a newly married couple imo. If I'm invited to the full day/night we give more than if it's just the night time do. Expensive business paying for guests so seems fair enough imo.

Fuck me the cheeky bastard

Back