Wrestling - Part 3

:lol:
The problem is for Tony he won't get anywhere near WWE's global reach imo, but he's clearly having a good time

Does he have to? When we talk about the global reach of the WWE we are talking about total monopoly level of domination. Only the WWE are ever really talked about and known outside the boundaries of the support. The reach of the WWE on a global scale is not reflective of the reach most realistically likely to be attained by a promotion as strong as AEW. A properly successful wrestling organisation won’t ever see the global ratings figures the WWE achieved.

Does he have to? When we talk about the global reach of the WWE we are talking about total monopoly level of domination. Only the WWE are ever really talked about and known outside the boundaries of the support. The reach of the WWE on a global scale is not reflective of the reach most realistically likely to be attained by a promotion as strong as AEW. A properly successful wrestling organisation won’t ever see the global ratings figures the WWE achieved.
Was really surprised to see you say you weren’t a fan of wwe/wrestling on the other Vince thread.

This 6 man tag match on ROH pre show has been very good, nice to see Tony Deppen back as well.
Starting with the world title match? Go on then, I guess the tag match is main.
Claudio wins, loved the match, wonder if Gresham is heading to AEW only now
Love Regal on commentary he just tell’s stories about his past 😂 love the bloke.
Yuta and Garcia was absolutely quality
…. And then Rush and Dragon Lee top it, fuck me that was great.
Serena Deeb is toppa.
This show has been very good, Joe and Lethal was great, I especially loved Joes entrance.
Crowd has been hot for the matches as well.
Danielson is back next week as well gerrrinnn
Dax’s chest after them chop, fuckin hell
THAT ENDING WAS f***ing MENTAL!!! WHAT A MATCH BY FTR AND THE BRISCOES….. AGAIN!!!!!
TAG TEAM BASTARD WRESTLING!!!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️Dave Meltzer eat you’re heart out😂

Last edited:
Was really surprised to see you say you weren’t a fan of wwe/wrestling on the other Vince thread.

I was though. I used to watch WWE Heat on Channel 4 and WCW on ITV. Of course I saw a house show at the Whitley Bay Ice Rink in 1993. I used to get the WWF magazine all the time. I had loads of WWF and WCW action figures and a ring to have PPVs in. I had loads of VHS tapes. I was very big into it.

I still look out for it.

I was though. I used to watch WWE Heat on Channel 4 and WCW on ITV. Of course I saw a house show at the Whitley Bay Ice Rink in 1993. I used to get the WWF magazine all the time. I had loads of WWF and WCW action figures and a ring to have PPVs in. I had loads of VHS tapes. I was very big into it.

I still look out for it.
You were a proper avid fan it appeared only up till recently.

Gresham deleting his Twitter account, his company (Terminus) account, now makes sense as he want’s released, I like him but I’m not overly arsed 😂 I’ve seen him getting really defensive in interviews recently I wonder if he’s just going through a rough patch?

Just seen thiis

Per fightful:

• ⁠he felt disrespected due to lack of communication from the company leading up to this weekend
• ⁠lack of time for the match also lead to feeling disrespected
• ⁠asked for release before the match
• ⁠met with Tony before the show and voiced his frustration and it escalated to him cussing Tony out
• ⁠Gresham is done with wrestling for the foreseeable future after this month
• ⁠came out without his usual attire to show people the real him for what could be his last match
• ⁠no statement from ROH/Tony

Last edited:
RAW's actually sold out for Madison Square Garden tomorrow, expecting a big one.

Vince Gone from creative
All of the Bloodline vs Street profits + Riddle main event, actually a good one
Rey Mysterio's 20th anniversary - Fightful are saying Edge's new gimmick is debuting for this.

Turns out Vince being gone is good for business.

RAW's actually sold out for Madison Square Garden tomorrow, expecting a big one.

Vince Gone from creative
All of the Bloodline vs Street profits + Riddle main event, actually a good one
Rey Mysterio's 20th anniversary - Fightful are saying Edge's new gimmick is debuting for this.

Turns out Vince being gone is good for business.
Absolute dogshit card but despite that, what does any of that have anything to do with Vince being gone?! (if he actually is).

Triple H in charge of creative
3 shows, you really need a person for each. Steph, Trips, Paul E and Shane I imagine will all need to be involved in some capacity. I think Sean is also involved with NXT as well?
Then you need talent relations since Larengitis also got fired - I thought that would end up as Trips but your post seems to say not.

3 shows, you really need a person for each. Steph, Trips, Paul E and Shane I imagine will all need to be involved in some capacity. I think Sean is also involved with NXT as well?
Then you need talent relations since Larengitis also got fired - I thought that would end up as Trips but your post seems to say not.

I'm not sure

News only just come out about hhh

He's now both Chief Head Talent Scout and Head of Creative.
Which is excellent news for WWE.

I imagine he'll be absolutely gutted his other half of the genius work he did at NXT is now at AEW however.
Looks like we've found the real reason which made Vince walk.. And it is actually illegal this time.

The funds he used to use the NDA contracts didn't come from his own personal wealth, but came from the company accounts, that's called Embezzlement.

Last edited:
Great news. Feel like we could have 2 fantastic promotions/programmes/viewings on our TVs now. Leaves the door wide open for more to head the other way now. Bet MJF is loving how this is playing out.

HHH head of creative makes me want to give raw another go, any news on TV14 yet

TV14 is from tonight. Tonight is currently is listed as TV14, Smackdown isn't but Summerslam is.

As for which brand I'll watch, I'll watch tonight with the major interest going on, but stick to AEW Wednesdays and Friday Smackdowns until Trips starts weaving his magic on creative then look at it again.

Last edited:
The funds he used to use the NDA contracts didn't come from his own personal wealth, but came from the company accounts, that's called Embezzlement.
Yeah, heard that the other day. I guess he's always seen the company as simply his. I think he only went public to start the process of selling the whole thing as part of his retirement. I never got the feeling he ever intended to give it to his kids.

Back