Wrestling - Part 3

Nah The Fiend had much bigger consequences as he was single handedly carrying Monday nights. He was effectively the face of the WWE and the only reason 99% of people tuned into Monday nights so to sell the character out in return for Saudi Money - Which in return had zero story development as its a 50 yr old bloke with the title.

What they effectively did was built a brand and sold it off to the Arabs. Alot of people tried to ret-con it and pretend it never happened just to preserve the fiend character but when he jobs again to a Reigns return and loses the firefly inferno match it’s a point of no return.

I think Bray see’s that himself if the ‘resignation’ isnt kayfabe.
Int he scheme of things it made no difference to WWE though. Just another wrestler jobbed out to an oldie, been happening for years, Bray himself been on ther receiving end a few times but same for Punk, Bryan, Rusev, Miz, Ziggler, Ambrose, Ryder, Barrett (Nexus) and many others, it's been their usual booking style since about 2005.

Punk was worse than Fiend by a long shot. Literally making mainstream news for a promo and then they had him beat up of HHH and 90 year Kevin Nash until Nash's body predictably collapsed on itself again and they had to scrap the angle.

Nah The Fiend had much bigger consequences as he was single handedly carrying Monday nights. He was effectively the face of the WWE and the only reason 99% of people tuned into Monday nights so to sell the character out in return for Saudi Money - Which in return had zero story development as its a 50 yr old bloke with the title.

What they effectively did was built a brand and sold it off to the Arabs. Alot of people tried to ret-con it and pretend it never happened just to preserve the fiend character but when he jobs again to a Reigns return and loses the firefly inferno match it’s a point of no return.

I think Bray see’s that himself if the ‘resignation’ isnt kayfabe.
They had already messed Fiend up a little with the Rollins HIAC match, and Mcintyre/Orton were doing great carrying Raw at that time too.

I like hearing him on Dark Side of the Ring, is very knowledgable with the history of wrestling, but my god Jim Cornette is a proper bitter bloke isn’t he? His podcast is awful, just slags off everything about all companies for an hour. Also his hatred of Russo is borderline worrying.

I like hearing him on Dark Side of the Ring, is very knowledgable with the history of wrestling, but my god Jim Cornette is a proper bitter bloke isn’t he? His podcast is awful, just slags off everything about all companies for an hour. Also his hatred of Russo is borderline worrying.
Did anything come of that whole Cornette sex thing where he was getting people to do his missus for bookings ?

There apparently is a documentary detailing the plane ride from hell coming out so I doubt anyone will touch him for a bit, until the fallout anyway

strutting down the middle of a plane wasn’t he with nowt on but his robe and been overly friendly to the cabin crew wasn’t he.

I love Jim Cornette me dont even watch wrestling anymore yet still listen to his podcast, hes a just a tiny bit over the top at times but I agree with a lot of what he says.
Seems to have a real problem with Tony Khan as well. Strange bloke at times but very knowledgeable.
Did anything come of that whole Cornette sex thing where he was getting people to do his missus for bookings ?
No idea. Can just imagine him at the foot of the bed with his tennis racket, and at the last second turns heel and attacks his missus before cutting a promo.

Last edited:
Seems to have a real problem with Tony Khan as well. Strange bloke at times but very knowledgeable.
I think hes pissed off that someone has the money to make wrestling popular again wastes it with the product AEW put out, whether that's right or not we'll see.

Also Jim complaining about AEW seems to help his podcast out as well mind.

There apparently is a documentary detailing the plane ride from hell coming out so I doubt anyone will touch him for a bit, until the fallout anyway
Same show got Nic Gage a gig on AEW despite him being a bankrobber who tried to kill a celebrity in the ring. Can't see it making much difference tbh, everyone already knows what Flairs about and he's nowhere near the top of the list of the plane ride from hell offenders.

Same show got Nic Gage a gig on AEW despite him being a bankrobber who tried to kill a celebrity in the ring. Can't see it making much difference tbh, everyone already knows what Flairs about and he's nowhere near the top of the list of the plane ride from hell offenders.

its more sexual behaviour that will be the issue I assume. With speaking out issues of the last year or two

That Dark Side of the Ring episode of Gage was mad like, I knew about death matches but that tournament of death looks absolutely ridiculous, no wrestling involved just inflicting pain on the each other, awful. Bugger had one of his main arteries cut and still wanted to ‘wrestle’.

Cornette might come across as bitter but he’s quite knowledgeable about wrestling and it’s history. He’s hilarious in how he goes on but he makes a lot of good points about modern wrestling

Nic Gage does not excite me, no skill in being a wrongun and just liking to hurt people or cut them open.
Has zero ability and only pleases a small percentage of fans. He’s got one hell of a pay day cos of who he knows (Moxley, Jericho) he won’t get any bigger than he is
I think hes pissed off that someone has the money to make wrestling popular again wastes it with the product AEW put out, whether that's right or not we'll see.

Also Jim complaining about AEW seems to help his podcast out as well mind.
That’s his point. They have the resources to challenge Vince and make wrestling exciting again but he’s given the lollipop kids too much power and is booking awful storylines and segments. He’s got so much potential but I think Tony is listening to the wrong people

Last edited:

Back