Wrestling - Part 3

The crowd kept changing Hardy's name so much they had to abandon taping his match and 're-tape it after the show finished (crowd were asked to stay if they could).
Poor HHH spends a year building h Kross into a monster with Scarlett only for Vince to destroy him in 3 minutes to Jeff Hardy and minus Scarlett for his entrance too - HHH just have been crying backstage :lol:
If both Bryan and Punk join AEW I may have to look at tickets for their next Vegas show next year....would be a better roster than wwe.
Absolutely crazy what they done with Kross, literally the perfect destruction of his character and overness, could not have buried him much more :lol:. AEW coming on leaps and bounds, well worth tickets :cool:

What a cracking era of wrestling 96-2000 was class.

The Attitude Era will go down as the best era of pro wrestling in any company at any time. But The New Generation Era was also canny once you got to the top talent.

Talent that frankly didn’t even deserve to be the first match of the night like Duke Drossse, Mantaur, Damien Demento and all the other gimmicks need to be overlooked. Once you got to the likes of Mankind, Steve Austin, The Smok’n Gunns and of course Bret and Owen Hart and The Undertaker you saw some fine matches I think.

Is there anywhere on terrestrial tv, or online, where you can watch RAW/Smackdown weekly?
The ones I tape on the planner are a week behind.
Try paramount. They’ve been advertising highlights.

If not then can definitely on BT sport app if you can get a log in off someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
AEW coming on leaps and bounds, well worth tickets :cool:

I keep on meaning to restart watching wrestling again as I think it is at an amazing place once you get away from WWE but Motorsport and the NFL which I also like take up a lot of my time. My new permanent schedule at work does allow for more time but we are so short staffed those in are asked to work more longer hours.

But it shows how appealing AEW is to watch even to us floating voters that they are doing stuff when it comes to signings the WWE are unable to. Yes a lot like Jericho and Matt Hardy came from WWE but AEW can seem to make better creative decisions of better wrestling talent in a better mixed pool. They have a greater blend of top experience and brilliant untapped potential than the WWE. Like Thunder Rossa.

If WCW had done what AEW were doing they would have recovered I think. They had up and comers like Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Billy Kidman and Chris Jericho.

So whats this about CM Punk and Daniel Bryan going to AEW? any truths to this?

AEW is scooping up a lot of talent but I saw this with WCW and Billionaire Ted's blank cheque book and tbf it worked in the short term but long term was not sustainable.

So whats this about CM Punk and Daniel Bryan going to AEW? any truths to this?

AEW is scooping up a lot of talent but I saw this with WCW and Billionaire Ted's blank cheque book and tbf it worked in the short term but long term was not sustainable.

Bryan looks like he has already signed.

Big difference between AEW and WCW is Cody is signing big talent before their sell-by-date unlike WCW did with The Warrior and others but don’t seem to be throwing the dosh around like confetti.

WCW was like Sunderland in 1999,2000 and 2001. Every day we were waking up to a new signing for millions. Most rarely saw action like Nicolas Medina (£3.5m for a player who never saw a game in 3 years), Tom Peeters (Bought for £250k was here about 3 years and never played) and Carsten Freedgaard (£1.5m on a player who played once).
wrestling been blown wide open now so many big promotions doing talent swaps changing the landscape and wwe need to realize this

Not really a new thing. The NWA territories we’re doing it during the era of the NWA territories. Talent from one (WWA - World Wrestling Association in Louisiana) could fight for a title in say WCCW (World Class Championship Wrestling in Texas).

But this is the first time independent promotions are doing it.

Last edited:

Big difference between AEW and WCW is Cody is signing big talent before their sell-by-date unlike WCW did with The Warrior and others but don’t seem to be throwing the dosh around like confetti.

WCW was like Sunderland in 1999,2000 and 2001. Every day we were waking up to a new signing for millions. Most rarely saw action like Nicolas Medina (£3.5m for a player who never saw a game in 3 years), Tom Peeters (Bought for £250k was here about 3 years and never played) and Carsten Freedgaard (£1.5m on a player who played once).

Not really a new thing. The NWA territories we’re doing it during the era of the NWA territories. Talent from one (WWA - World Wrestling Association in Louisiana) could fight for a title in say WCCW (World Class Championship Wrestling in Texas).

But this is the first time independent promotions are doing it.

That’s a long time ago tho aew impact roh new Japan aaa all allowing wrestlers to go to different brands
Most will go bust too

Can’t see new Japan aaa aew going bust ??? Roh and impact have ran for years now and seem to be able to survive

I'm surprised that the WWE allowed his contract to expire TBF, he still had a lot of years left in him. With all this new talent AEW are getting they're gonna have to either start letting the non-drawing talent go or start pumping out more shows to give their stars some air-time.

About time WWE had some competition though, it'll never be as good as the Monday Night Wars but it's the next best thing and the best the WWE can do at the minute is to bring Cena back. :lol: The sad thing Cena will still draw more than anyone else combined on the roster.

I'm surprised that the WWE allowed his contract to expire TBF, he still had a lot of years left in him. With all this new talent AEW are getting they're gonna have to either start letting the non-drawing talent go or start pumping out more shows to give their stars some air-time.

About time WWE had some competition though, it'll never be as good as the Monday Night Wars but it's the next best thing and the best the WWE can do at the minute is to bring Cena back. :lol: The sad thing Cena will still draw more than anyone else combined on the roster.

Roof nearly came off when he’s music hit at money in the bank

Roof nearly came off when he’s music hit at money in the bank

Yep, as much as I disliked the Cena character and the way he was forced upon us all, he's still miles better than anything the product has right now. Shame it's only going to be while he's doing PR for The Suicide Squad movie and not long term.

Yep, as much as I disliked the Cena character and the way he was forced upon us all, he's still miles better than anything the product has right now. Shame it's only going to be while he's doing PR for The Suicide Squad movie and not long term.

He has the Peacemaker series on HBO Max coming soon I think

Back