Wrestling - Part 3

About 3 years ago, I saw Styles v Bryan v Samoa Joe in a house show. The highest quality bout I've been at. At the end, AJ thanked the crowd, which was pretty sparse (Wembley Arena on a Thursday evening wasn't exactly the best time to have a house show) for applauding all 3 of them throughout the 30 minutes or so.

He said something along the lines of the wrestlers truly appreciating it during the fight when they're being recognised for the show they put on, rather than the story line.

Predictions for tonight?

Reckon Randy will win so theyvhsve the option of the third match if required.

I'm still going for Drew, but they have made Lashley more believable in recent weeks, so wouldn't be stunned, especially if Lesnar comes back and they have the MMA angle.

Edging towards Sheamus against Hardy.

Braun will likely retain, as will Asuka, which is surely the most obvious pick on the card.

Women's tag titles are being defended on NXT on Weds (vs Tegan and Shotzi), so Sasha and Bayley defending surely makes most sense in terms of ratings, plus they've only just won them.

Not too fussed about Crews-Andrade. Crews has only just won it, plus the BLM movement might have an impact, but his push was seemingly down to Hayman, but with Bruce Pritchard taking over Raw, that push might be halted, but I'll still go for him here.

That would mean 0 of the 5 titles changing hands, so surely one dies somewhere, but not sure which would be most likely?

Watching the pre show, good to see they are using new stars like, ric flair.... Christian..... Edge.... Orton...... Hbk....... Miz...... Lashley.... I think I might know why the ratings are in decline

Was sloppy as owt that match. Wouldn’t mind as much if there was a story to the match.
Aye, IIconics not being the best in the ring doesn't help, quite enjoyed the ending though, and Sasha and Bayley back to NXT on Wednesday will be interesting. Hopefully that belt will end up properly on NXT in due course, and then S & B can have their inevitable feud at SummerSlam.

Those trainees behind the barriers look like the generic crowds in old WWE games from the 2000s.
The sooner they get real fans in the audience the better. I think the fake crowd is worse than no crowd.

Last edited:
Guess it'll be Asuka vs Charlotte vs Nia at Extreme Rules with Nia eating the pin, and then Asuka vs Charlotte one on one at Summerslam with the gimmick that Asuka has never beaten Charlotte.

Must admit I did find that music video a bit funny :lol: :oops:

I haven't watched the E in a good few months (other than NXT), and just thinking surely by tagging this Edge v Orton match as 'the greatest ever' they're backing themselves into a corner?

I doubt it'll best AJ v DBry the other night, so won't even be best of the week.

AEW continuing to do really well with a limited roster die to COVID. NXT seemed to slump a bit, but it's picked up again with Killer Kross and Scarlett, and Balor being back there can never be bad.

This women's tag is shit so far....
Edit: fuck me that was shite.

Last edited:
I enjoyed that match until the lame, predictable ending. This does just seem like such a filler PPV. Feuds contining in both Asuka and Drew matches, Miz and Morrison were always just filler (as a tag team anyway), Sheamus-Hardy will likely continue. Could have skipped it and not really missed anything. 5/5 title defences.

Back