Wrestling - Part 3

Aye I've seen them, sort of wish I hadn't.

Fussy bugger.

Totally agree on Rollins. He is so naturally suited to being a smug, smarmy heel with the talent to back it up. This arse kissing, thanking the fans version of him is just boring as fuck.

Wyatt is a tragedy. Right from when Cena criminally buried him at Payback 2014 after he had just cut the finest heel promos in years and was on f***ing fire....the writing was on the wall. His mic work and ring work are top notch, he oozes charisma, is completely original, great entrance and theme music and has a cool as fuck finisher.... But the ridiculous booking has just made him look weak as piss. He's now the bad guy with hollow threats who gets his arse kicked.

I'm not so sure about the point on the loyal fan base. The diehards are the fans from the attitude era.... The 30 year old plus demographic..... And they are the ones who have deserted in droves.

The ratings are plummeting make no mistake. Smackdown draws little over 2,000,000 now with Raw just over 2,500,000. That's 6,000,000 fans who have deserted the product.

I'd say the current generation of fans, and in fairness I'm guessing most on here fit into that category, know no better and are gonna be far less patient and loyal than the ones who have already given up.

And all of this with a backdrop of a arguably the greatest roster the company has ever had.

But, hey, let the idiots cheer for talentless bums like Jinder Mahal, John Cena, Roman Reigns and New Day cos they're really gonna turn things round aren't they.

Just a few thoughts:

* Agree about Rollins. Should be a career heel or follow the Jericho route.

* Austin said it best about Wyatt post Mania, the laugh needs to go. Or at least use its sparingly in a more sinister fashion.

The writing has buried him as a man who can't follow through on his threats.

* Team him as the Heyman to Strowman's Lesnar to rebuild him. Make them destructive.

* The company needs characters like Reigns and Cena as kids love them, they just need to be very careful and selective who they book them with. They NEED heels that kids can be invested in.

Last edited:

Why do you keep watching something, you quite clearly don't enjoy?
For the very same reason I keep renewing my season ticket....in the hope it will eventually get better.

@Iceman97 you have to be on a wind up surely? Nobody can be that stupid surely.... Last year was the wwes most profitable ever eh... You do know that WWE wasn't a listed company in the attitude era don't you? :rolleyes:

Live crowd attendances and TV ratings are near record low levels despite there being zero competition effectively on the main networks. The trend is heading one way and it's down.... and it's because fans are sick of Cena, reigns etc and all the other bullshit booking of the last decade. Get over it.

For the very same reason I keep renewing my season ticket....in the hope it will eventually get better.

@Iceman97 you have to be on a wind up surely? Nobody can be that stupid surely.... Last year was the wwes most profitable ever eh... You do know that WWE wasn't a listed company in the attitude era don't you? :rolleyes:

Live crowd attendances and TV ratings are near record low levels despite there being zero competition effectively on the main networks. The trend is heading one way and it's down.... and it's because fans are sick of Cena, reigns etc and all the other bullshit booking of the last decade. Get over it.
http://www.gerweck.net/information/wwe-business-history/
http://corporate.wwe.com/investors/sec-and-other-documents/financials

Shut up now, you're making yourself sound more of a f***ing idiot.

Exactly, one of their KFC or Pepsico sponsorships nowadays make them as much money as 5 years of Austin shirt sales ever did.
:lol: Moshy is such a fuckin clown man, he nars absolutely nowt. Thinks he is the arnly **** that liked the attitude era as well. We all did @moshpit you burke!

@moshpit I agree some things deserve criticism and nothing is always perfect. However as someone who has watched wrestling for 25 years, I am currently enjoying WWE as much if not more than I ever did, just lighten up and enjoy it marra.

:lol: I went overboard

Because he was going to win the belt and put Brock massively over at SummerSlam. That wouldn't have been as effective had Cena just lost a feud to Bray Wyatt.
Yeah I get that. I think Bryan's injuries really hurt a lot looking back. He could of done the job to lesnar at summerslam and bray could of got a big wm win over cena, can't predict the future though

Oh the irony! You literally have no clue what you have just posted links to have you :lol::lol:
You ought to look up the definition of revenue for starters.....

@moshpit I agree some things deserve criticism and nothing is always perfect. However as someone who has watched wrestling for 25 years, I am currently enjoying WWE as much if not more than I ever did, just lighten up and enjoy it marra.
There's plenty I enjoy still..... My frustration seems from the fact it should and could easily be so much better.

Last edited:
Oh the irony! You literally have no clue what you have just posted links to have you :lol::lol:

There's plenty I enjoy still..... My frustration seems from the fact it should and could easily be so much better.
Fair enough mate.

In terms of what you were discussing with @Iceman97 i think yee are the one that needs to look up what revenue means here like. He's mad ya look a reet clampit.

Back