Would you quit your job for 1 million quid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate and not everyone wants to but you must also realize it is possible
It's possible if you earn a load, freeloads off your parents so you can save £70k for a house, then find a lass on the same page. Then if you do all this then don't have kids, you can retire young with an income similar to the career unemployed.

For most people, not an option.

When I changed from actively managed funds to lower fee index trackers. I’ve been saving all my life not that it changes anything

So by switching to lower fee index trackers, you've managed to knock 8 years off your projected retirement age?

Were they tracking the alps?

So by switching to lower fee index trackers, you've managed to knock 8 years off your projected retirement age?

No, I like you didn’t think it was possible initially and set 50 as my initial target which I review constantly and now believe 40 to be a realistic stretch target.

Not the alps no did return 18% last year mind.

How could it not be done you're saying its impossible which it clearly isn't there are so many variables and sacrifices have to be made granted but it certainly isn't impossible. How many people on nmw have a car, drink and smoke? these are all things that could be cut if retiring early is a priority.
Because it cant. There is no point debating it with you when you think an 18yr old is going to spend the rest of working life on £400 per year, an impossible amount to survive, so that they can continue to live on that impossible amount.

No, I like you didn’t think it was possible initially and set 50 as my initial target which I review constantly and now believe 40 to be a realistic stretch target.

Not the alps no did return 18% last year mind.
What I don't understand is why you would want to live so frugally now so you can retire early and still live pretty much the same way. When does the fun and enjoyment come in?

What I don't understand is why you would want to live so frugally now so you can retire early and still live pretty much the same way. When does the fun and enjoyment come in?

That’s the thing mate I don’t think I live that frugally I’m just careful most things people buy imo don’t make them happier or increase their quality of life. I honestly don’t really want for much

That’s the thing mate I don’t think I live that frugally I’m just careful most things people buy imo don’t make them happier or increase their quality of life. I honestly don’t really want for much
Fair enough. Have you lost contact with your mates tho or are they of a similar mindset?

I don't want for much, not at all but I couldn't possibly live my life the way you seem to. Good luck to you and you sound happy but I'd much prefer to work til I'm 65 and have an existence.

Fair enough. Have you lost contact with your mates tho or are they of a similar mindset?

Na my mates have the opposite mindset but most are skinttrying to afford the latest BMW or new house etc. I don’t drink much at all which saves me a bomb but that’s through choice not money saving. Once a month I’ll get pissed on average I reckon. I’m Pretty boring these days and enjoy and night in front of the TV with the Mrs or a game of pool with the lads.

I don't want for much, not at all but I couldn't possibly live my life the way you seem to. Good luck to you and you sound happy but I'd much prefer to work til I'm 65 and have an existence.

What do you do that I don’t?

Na my mates have the opposite mindset but most are skinttrying to afford the latest BMW or new house etc. I don’t drink much at all which saves me a bomb but that’s through choice not money saving. Once a month I’ll get pissed on average I reckon. I’m Pretty boring these days and enjoy and night in front of the TV with the Mrs or a game of pool with the lads.

What do you do that I don’t?
Well for starters have 2 kids.

Quite a few developers are having trouble financing. You can essentially lend them cash at 5-15% and have first lien on the asset they are developing. My old boss had a large 12% coupon secured against an old hospital someone was gutting
Already looking into that pal, old school friend doing a lot of big projects one being the new skyscraper in mag land. Looking for investors .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back