Would you like your own bar?

I had a dream I got my redundancy from work and set up my own micro pub up in Ryhope.

Would serve a selection of draft, have to include neck oil and Camden hells. No scratter booze like Fosters or Carling.

Plenty of different cans of IPA’s, no cocktails a Bloody Mary would be as far as it goes.

Snacks would be nuts, seabrook crisps, nik naks, scampi fries and jars of mussels.

No kids would be allowed, I would have a woodburner and juke box.

I had a dream I got my redundancy from work and set up my own micro pub up in Ryhope.

Would serve a selection of draft, have to include neck oil and Camden hells. No scratter booze like Fosters or Carling.

Plenty of different cans of IPA’s, no cocktails a Bloody Mary would be as far as it goes.

Snacks would be nuts, seabrook crisps, nik naks, scampi fries and jars of mussels.

Sounds good to me but don't think it would last long in Ryhope.

They are crap pubs like. Never been in a decent one.

And even if you find one which is in nice premises and has decent staff (there are one or two), you know the beer is going to be crap, especially in their managed houses. Their tenanted pubs have more flexibility in how they are run. When the beer selection is GK IPA or John Smith Smooth, I'm ordering a Guinness.

And even if you find one which is in nice premises and has decent staff (there are one or two), you know the beer is going to be crap, especially in their managed houses. Their tenanted pubs have more flexibility in how they are run. When the beer selection is GK IPA or John Smith Smooth, I'm ordering a Guinness.
The Bamburgh in Shields has Abbot on which us a lovely pint.

GK pubs are, with a few exceptions, not great for beer, certainly. I seem to remember that you live somewhere near Cambridge so I'll mention the Champion of the Thames as an exception (I'm talking 20+ years ago, however).

Not in a million years.

I love beer, and I love pubs, but i like being on the other side of the bar. Never mix business with pleasure.

That said from time to time I work the occasional shift at my local to help them out and I do enjoy it. But that's because its my local and I know the majority of the drinkers anyway!

And that's just pulling pints, not ordering stuff, paying wages, working out bills etc

Last edited:
I'd love to open a micro pub on one of the housing estates in Sunderland which no longer have a pub but do have empty shop units

I was in Town End Farm recently and the Schooner and Slipway have long since gone and never been replaced

The only problem is I'd end up an alcoholic if I owned a boozer :lol:

I’d have one.

Call it The Haway Inn.

Bands on every night. Locals lads/lasses to promote new talent.

Sell cheap lager, and craft ales. Prosecco arl owa.

Bait too - simple stuff with good profit margins

Fower big lads on the door to knock ya lights out if you messed with the strippers

Did I mention strippers? No?

Ah right - strippers. Mucky as owt.lunchtimes like coz we are not animals.

Proper stage too with lights. And smoke.

I’d have one.

Call it The Haway Inn.

Bands on every night. Locals lads/lasses to promote new talent.

Sell cheap lager, and craft ales. Prosecco arl owa.

Bait too - simple stuff with good profit margins

Fower big lads on the door to knock ya lights out if you messed with the strippers

Did I mention strippers? No?

Ah right - strippers. Mucky as owt.lunchtimes like coz we are not animals.

Proper stage too with lights. And smoke.
I've already copyrighted Haway Inn ya thieving twat.

What days is the karaoke on?

Back