Would you like your own bar?

junglist31

Central Defender
I think the idea seems class but in reality it might be completely different. I think a little real ale bar which seats about 60 people would be canny. Keep the lager drinking knuckle draggers away.
I'd still accommodate said knuckle draggers with maybe 2 lagers. A carling and maybe a Stella option. Dogs deffo allowed. Kids can get to fook. All mags charged double.

I think the idea seems class but in reality it might be completely different. I think a little real ale bar which seats about 60 people would be canny. Keep the lager drinking knuckle draggers away.
I'd still accommodate said knuckle draggers with maybe 2 lagers. A carling and maybe a Stella option. Dogs deffo allowed. Kids can get to fook. All mags charged double.
What stouts will you have?
Any food?

Considered swapping my house and living upstairs at angelo's in east rainton when it came on the market, it went too quick for me so it wasn't meant to be. In reality it's probably a good thing.

I'd be a terrible landlord as I'd ban anyone I didn't like so the place would be empty and I'd make no money. To succeed in the pub trade you've got to have a high threshold of tolerance of arsey regulars who spend a lot of money.

Plenty of decent lagers you could have without Carling or Stella.

I don’t live anywhere near mine, which has its own draw backs, but I know people who do live above pubs they own and apparently it’s a nightmare, you get no time off.

I can imagine, and knowing me I would never settle in case I got broken into and chances are it wouldn't have worked anyway so it's likely a blessing in disguise.

Given how slow the night trade is round here, I was going to try and cater for commuters and office/home workers. Drive through high end coffee on mornings and afternoon meals and delivery service for the two close business park. Small menu done well father in law was a chef and would have helped.

In reality I would have been competing with the mill, who has a vibrant mid day trade and offers good affordable food and the hours would have been brutal.

A little micro bar like The Lighthouse maybe but a proper pub no thanks.

I worked in Greensleeves (now Fitzgerald's) in the town for a few years when I was young and even though it was more of a student/older crowd I still couldn't be arsed to put up with the amount of dickheads the manageress had to sort out.

I enjoyed working there but I didn't have to deal with the shite that comes with owning/running the place.

Back