Would you challenge racism/homophobia at the game?

D

DjangoMango

Tom Albrighton on Twitter

This story doing the rounds now on Twitter, worth a read (you don't need Twitter to view it...)

Really disappointing to hear, and the lad and his Dad in question should be hoyed out and never allowed back in as far as I'm concerned. Disappointed that neither were reported to stewards by the lad posting the story nor by the surrounding fans who would have witnessed it.

So, how would you deal with this behaviour? Tell a steward? Or do you fear the potential violent repercussions from braindead aggressive bigoted scum?

There was a bit of handbags near us down Accrington, didn’t find out until after a young Chris Evans lookalike started all the trouble by calling Maja a black ****. :oops:

Unbelievable people actually say that type of stuff in a public place.

Probably not. Sadly I'd more likely move away and just feel a bit depressed about it.

I seen a bloke yelling horrendous racist abuse in the sol years ago with a bairn in his arms :neutral:

I might get f***ing pelters for this but I’m just being honest - I’d be much more inclined to say/do something if it was racist rather than homophobic. By no means do I think either are acceptable but I’d react more to someone calling a player a black **** than someone shouting “get up ya puff” for example.

This story doing the rounds now on Twitter, worth a read (you don't need Twitter to view it...)

Really disappointing to hear, and the lad and his Dad in question should be hoyed out and never allowed back in as far as I'm concerned. Disappointed that neither were reported to stewards by the lad posting the story nor by the surrounding fans who would have witnessed it.

So, how would you deal with this behaviour? Tell a steward? Or do you fear the potential violent repercussions from braindead aggressive bigoted scum?
Look at this shit ffs :evil:
Chelsea fans took flag with SS death’s head to Budapest for Vidi game

I have done so in the past. Twice. And both times others around me have supported me, more forcefully than the Stewards who eventually grew som cojones.... which turned out to be very small ones.

I might get f***ing pelters for this but I’m just being honest - I’d be much more inclined to say/do something if it was racist rather than homophobic. By no means do I think either are acceptable but I’d react more to someone calling a player a black **** than someone shouting “get up ya puff” for example.

I think there's a difference in the two examples you posted. The 'puff' comment probably wouldn't be aimed at someone gay, for instance, which might alter the perspective.

Back