Would this put you off a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's its first MOT. So 13k miles still.

Golf GTI. Apparently a woman owner (but a males name on V5) I have a deposit down on the car but this is definitely unsettling me.

How would you go about checking the clutch? The clutch felt fine when driving it, definitely not slipping or anything.
What do you expect from this type of car, it's a performance hatch. I wouldn't worry about it to be honest, just make sure you have a warranty from the dealer.

I think they shipped quite a few with Dunlop sport maxx gt tyres from what I can see online. Seen a few reviews saying the wear rate isn't great on them and lasting less than 15k. Probably a soft compound performance tyre with the type of car it is so I wouldn't worry.

That's its first MOT. So 13k miles still.

Golf GTI. Apparently a woman owner (but a males name on V5) I have a deposit down on the car but this is definitely unsettling me.

How would you go about checking the clutch? The clutch felt fine when driving it, definitely not slipping or anything.

What tyres are on the back end ? still dunlops? you want four tyres same make same spec and not more than 3-4 mm wear difference between the axles or the ESP doesn't like it.;)

First MOT at 13k?

Who both knacks tyres within 13k but also only drives 13k in the first three years

I'll have done something like 35,000 by the time my first MOT is due

First MOT at 13k?

Who both knacks tyres within 13k but also only drives 13k in the first three years

The wife's car has about 10k miles on half 3.5 years

Mines got 50k :evil:

Golf GTi's seem to like to eat tyres. Mine was particularly partial to Continentals. I wouldn't be concerned about tyre wear though, you should however be shitting your pants about timing chain tensioner failure :lol: The cars not at Evans Halshaw is it?

First MOT at 13k?

Mine had done 8k on its first MOT. First owner had only put 6k on it.

I wouldn't be worried about worn tyres, even if the seller has ragged it about the worst is that it's had 13k miles of being ragged about. It's fuck all.

As for it being a record on the MOT, keep the next few clear and nobody will care.

Long gone are the days of 20+k on premium tyres on the front of FWD cars. Softer compounds give greater grip but also wear quicker. I've used Uniroyal which have A for both wet and dry braking but wear out after 12k,. Other brands I've used include Continental 16k and Yokohamas and Hankooks both 15k. Decent tyres wear quickly especially the front ones on FWD.

Golf GTi's seem to like to eat tyres. Mine was particularly partial to Continentals. I wouldn't be concerned about tyre wear though, you should however be shitting your pants about timing chain tensioner failure :lol: The cars not at Evans Halshaw is it?
Our juke loves to eat continentals,but after the second change and a swap from front to back I fucked em off and got some maxxis 3k in and barely worn. It's a nismo so does spin abit but I barely drive it n she hardly flogs it so I reckon continental are shit,back to op it wouldn't bother me at all. 13k no matter how hard it's been bashed is fuck all on a Vw he has just ran it in
Evans halshaw is dead to me,will not buy there ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back