Would this put you off a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorrd93

Central Defender
It's first MOT at 13k miles it failed for the front 2 tyres being under the legal limit of 1.6mm.

The AA reckon a minimum of 20,000 for front tyres so I'd be concerned. I know nothing about cars other than what google tells me though.

Also first MOT is after what - 3 years?
So just over 4k a year and they may have been running it without checking their tyre pressure at all.

How many miles does the car have on now, and how many further MOTS has it been through?

That's its first MOT. So 13k miles still.

what type of car.. maybe the owner decided he would always wheel spin away from junctions being a knacker

Golf GTI. Apparently a woman owner (but a males name on V5) I have a deposit down on the car but this is definitely unsettling me.

No. If it's a charver mobile and they've been wheel spinning I'd check the clutch isn't bolloxed though

How would you go about checking the clutch? The clutch felt fine when driving it, definitely not slipping or anything.

Any more failures or advisories on the MOT?

Completely clean apart from that. What bugs me is the dealer knew about the tyres yet put it in for its test with them anyways - now there is a permanent record anyone can access online that shows the car has likely been ragged for 3 years.

Completely clean apart from that. What bugs me is the dealer knew about the tyres yet put it in for its test with them anyways - now there is a permanent record anyone can access online that shows the car has likely been ragged for 3 years.
Or just needed tyres after
3 years of use.
I personally wouldn't let it worry me

What kind of tyres are on it? Depends how hard the compound on them is as to how fast they would wear. I used to have toyo proxes on a car years ago amazingly grippy in the dry due to the soft compound but wear was unreal on them. Lucky to get 10k out of a front pair.

What kind of tyres are on it? Depends how hard the compound on them is as to how fast they would wear. I used to have toyo proxes on a car years ago amazingly grippy in the dry due to the soft compound but wear was unreal on them. Lucky to get 10k out of a front pair.

Dunlops, couldn't tell you the exact tyre sorry. They're 19" alloys though, that might have some bearing on the wear?

Owner has ragged fuck out the rubber. Fortunately, wait for it, tyres can be replaced.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back