Would this put you off a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had one that was illegal at the same miles due to it being over inflated, although it wasn't according to the computer.
Bloody technology, what a load of shit.

I have found over the years that the tyres on new cars I've had are not the quality you'd expect them to be so wouldn't judge it on bad driving.

It's got 13k miles on... no matter how it's been driven it should be fine. Tyre wear wouldnt put me off at all - could be something simple like low pressure but if it bothers you then walk away. There will be plenty others out there.

The tyres on my V40 had to be replaced after two years and 14K miles.

Heavy diesel lump, front-wheel drive, soft compound tyres - Michelin Primacy's - all contribute to them wearing out quicker than they did years ago.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Anyone who knows anything about cars, and general wear and tear on things like tyres/brakes etc wouldn't bat an eyelid at an MOT failure for one of those reasons.

The fact they've both worn evenly is a plus point - I'd have been a lot more worried if one was worn down and the other was nowhere near.

It's first MOT at 13k miles it failed for the front 2 tyres being under the legal limit of 1.6mm.
Just get the garage to replace the tyres (if they havent already) and nothing to worry about. As long as the dealer chucks it through annual service as well before getting it nothing to worry about at all

Golf GTI. Apparently a woman owner (but a males name on V5) I have a deposit down on the car but this is definitely unsettling me.

I'd be more concerned if there was no evidence of a Golf GTi being ragged all over. That's what people buy them for. I'd be more suspicious of the mismatch between the "woman owner" & the name on the V5

Could be some tightarse who has taken decent tyres off and bunged on shite ones from the scrappy before trading it in.

Unfortunately I know such a tightwad that did exactly that!

Or the dealership "failing" a pair of just about legal tyres to pressure the previous owner into buying tyres from them at a huge markup rather than going somewhere else for a reasonably priced set of part worns.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back