Would the world be a better place without the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As well as the things people have said about toxicity , social media, including the smb is a time thief. Millions of us sit wasting hours on it when we could be doing exercise, reading, or talking to our kids. Yes it's personal choice, yes you can choose to stop doing it but it's so easy to slump on the settee and carry on.

Imo it would be, mental health problems getting worse and they are only made worse by people being massive arseholes on the net. Constant abuse online will really get to people. People now have no boundaries and believe they can act online anyway they want. I honestly worry about the effect it might have on my kids as they get older and start to use social media.

Yes and no.

Imo it would be, mental health problems getting worse and they are only made worse by people being massive arseholes on the net. Constant abuse online will really get to people. People now have no boundaries and believe they can act online anyway they want. I honestly worry about the effect it might have on my kids as they get older and start to use social media.
Internet - good

Social media - shite

On balance, probably. But it says more about ourselves that the greatest communication tool invented causes us such problems.

Still can't get my head round people taking pictures of themselves while standing in front of mirror, pulling some ridiculous face then posting it on social media.

Have a look on MSE forum.
But generally it involves running half a dozen bank accounts, ocassional switch (which reminds me I need to get the £125 from Lloyds this weekend) and loading up a ton of 0% credit card debt & stashing it in interest bearing accounts & drip feeding regular savers.

Most will say they cant be arsed with it, but I quite enjoy the number crunching side of it.

Can't get my head around facebook. Our lass has about 600 friends, a good portion of them she hasn't seen for about 25 years, yet she insists on posting photos & videos of the bairn on all the time. Also insists on doing that Airport post letting everyone know our house is unoccupied for 7 days. She also fell out with her Sister for months because she wasn't liking her photos.

yes, we were doing just fine before it.

Have a look on MSE forum.
But generally it involves running half a dozen bank accounts, ocassional switch (which reminds me I need to get the £125 from Lloyds this weekend) and loading up a ton of 0% credit card debt & stashing it in interest bearing accounts & drip feeding regular savers.

Most will say they cant be arsed with it, but I quite enjoy the number crunching side of it.
Sounds a bit of a faff on but if you enjoy it all's good!

Reactions: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back