Would the world be a better place without the internet?

Running Man

Midfield
Imo it would be, mental health problems getting worse and they are only made worse by people being massive arseholes on the net. Constant abuse online will really get to people. People now have no boundaries and believe they can act online anyway they want. I honestly worry about the effect it might have on my kids as they get older and start to use social media.

Imo it would be, mental health problems getting worse and they are only made worse by people being massive arseholes on the net. Constant abuse online will really get to people. People now have no boundaries and believe they can act online anyway they want. I honestly worry about the effect it might have on my kids as they get older.

I think mental health issues are caused by people sniffing white powder more than ever.

Imo it would be, mental health problems getting worse and they are only made worse by people being massive arseholes on the net. Constant abuse online will really get to people. People now have no boundaries and believe they can act online anyway they want. I honestly worry about the effect it might have on my kids as they get older.

The internet is fine - I think what’s surprised everybody is the amount of idiots out there just waiting for it to happen.

It’s brought out some vile human traits in some people that’s for sure.

I m not sure society was ready for another other worldly dimension.

Last edited:
The internet is good, social media is what's causing the majority of problems.

That’s a very good point - for me access to data and just roaming about is quite wonderful. I m fascinated by all things so it’s treasure trove for me.

But social media is toxic - very toxic- and highly addictive to many , I use this board and PNE and that’s it for me.

I m fairly optimistic by nature , I see good in most things . I never knew there was so many evil bastards out there .

Social Media has been a quantum leap in human interaction , I suggested earlier that society wasn’t ready for such a new dimension or at least one that established itself so quickly.

It’s the new digital drug , the omnipresent opioid and individuals and wider society are going to be very careful in its use.

When we were kids at school the issues stopped at the end of the day
By the time you were back - probably the next day it had gone
Now the kids are walking around with the latest phones with access to just about everything 24 / 7
Our time was better than today imo
im talking 70s / 80 s
wouldn’t swap my youth to today’s

When we were kids at school the issues stopped at the end of the day
By the time you were back - probably the next day it had gone
Now the kids are walking around with the latest phones with access to just about everything 24 / 7
Our time was better than today imo
im talking 70s / 80 s
wouldn’t swap my youth to today’s

I left school in 2003 just as it was starting to pick up, and I'm glad there was no facebook Instagram etc when I was at school, I didn't even have a phone till I left school.

I've cut off most forms of social media except message boards because they are getting more toxic. Not only the content but the drama they cause in real life.

I have fake lnsta, Twitter and Facey accounts to check links people send but I can't wait for the social media "revolution" to pass.

unfortunately Yes . the world will have serious problems very soon due to the internet and more importantly social media

Back