Would the mags brick it if we drew them in 3rd round?

• Thread starter Deleted member 41941
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Let’s wait until next year..... in its current state they have better players than us and haven’t given up hope yet. Next year though..... who knows.

They are a couple of months away from absolute breakdown I reckon..... Rafa almost certain to leave, surely.... they won’t take that well

I don’t see why they would shit themselves, it would be a lose-lose situation for them though, anything other than a resounding win would be acceptable and I’m unconvinced that would happen.

If I was them I would be 90% loving it as I’d be pretty certain of a win but with the 10% fear that losing to us in the third division would be as bad as the 5-1

Having now seen a bit of league 1 I hadn’t appreciated before how big the gap between this and the championship. Not so much in general play but more how toothless teams seem to be. You can get away with a lot more and teams just don’t punish you as they are clueless up front. Then again there is another massive gap obviously up to the premier league.

If I was them I would be 90% loving it as I’d be pretty certain of a win but with the 10% fear that losing to us in the third division would be as bad as the 5-1

Having now seen a bit of league 1 I hadn’t appreciated before how big the gap between this and the championship. Not so much in general play but more how toothless teams seem to be. You can get away with a lot more and teams just don’t punish you as they are clueless up front. Then again there is another massive gap obviously up to the premier league.

I agree with this. Mistakes aren't punished in this League.
Every single Newcastle player even on the bench is so far ahead of ours. Not one of ours would even be signed for its squad. Sad, but true. Upsets happen bit we are so very poor in so many positions.

I agree with this. Mistakes aren't punished in this League.
Every single Newcastle player even on the bench is so far ahead of ours. Not one of ours would even be signed for its squad. Sad, but true. Upsets happen bit we are so very poor in so many positions.

Think that’s a bit harsh like. We’re not poor in every position we are at the level we need to be or better in most positions bearing in mind the league we are in.

But aye all things equal they should beat us so I wouldn’t choose to play them now

Think that’s a bit harsh like. We’re not poor in every position we are at the level we need to be or better in most positions bearing in mind the league we are in.

But aye all things equal they should beat us so I wouldn’t choose to play them now

Poor relatively speaking. Miserable glasses on but I can only think of one, maybe two players I would want to keep if we got promoted. The keeper, and perhaps...well, Maja as he will get a few goals. The rest will have to play at the very top of their games all season to achieve anywhere near middle of Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back