Would the mags brick it if we drew them in 3rd round?

• Thread starter Deleted member 41941
  • Start date

I wouldn't fancy playing them at the minute. We're 2 leagues apart for a reason and as much as a win for them would be expected, it still wouldn't be nice, as none of them ever have been.

Exactly this.

Would happily never have a derby again- unless they were total and utter shite and leagues below... even then I'd not like it.

and exactly that.

Having said that I'd be happy to have 2 league derbys next season, bearing in mind the circumstances for that to happen

Every single one of there players would start for us. We would be beat 19 times out of 20 if we played them.

I definitely would be like.

I can see where he’s coming from, I don’t think it would be such a shock. Obviously the PL side would be favourites but these results seem to happen more and more often.

I think theyd be rubbing their hands with glee in anticipation of scudding us tbh.
Like Ive said before, they are an average PL side, but have way too much for us in our current situation. I wouldnt be confident of beating Cardiff, Huddersfield, Fulham and Soton either mind.
I know they're better than us and should beat us, that wouldn't stop a fair few of them shitting themselves in the build up in case the worst happened.
Some of them do actually think we've got it over them.

I can see where he’s coming from, I don’t think it would be such a shock. Obviously the PL side would be favourites but these results seem to happen more and more often.
Maybe get 1 every season or 2. We would be far more likely to get beat and therefore seems stupid to want to play them imo.

Completely hypothetical of course, but I'd actually relish playing them.

There'd be absolutely no pressure on us to get a win & would still stand a good chance of ending the season with silverware (albeit the league 1 trophy)

I'd love to see the current crop of players in a derby game, given this & the fact it's a one off cup game, it would go down not only as a shock result if we somehow won & the mags would literally explode.

Last edited:
Daft thread really. They would beat us easily.

They could put out a reserve team and beat us, no f***ing way would I want to draw them at present. I don't want them to get relegated either as I want to see how we manage after promotion first, we could still be a terrible Championship club this time next year.

Back