Would the mags brick it if we drew them in 3rd round?

• Thread starter Deleted member 41941
  • Start date
Ladies and gentlemen, it will never happen. How many times have we been drawn together in the 2 cups in the last 50 years? Once? And we won that. It’s a fix, I tell yer, hot balls like they have north of the border to keep Celtic and Rangers apart.

In fact, since we have (mostly!) been in the top 2 divisions, it must be some kind of record to have been drawn so infrequently against your greatest rivals!
What a load of shite !
We didn't land on the moon either did we :lol:

You reckon? They are a piss poor Premier league side, we are the best side in league 1.....This is the FA Cup, literally anything could happen. Nowt to lose for us.
If Barnsley played Cardiff in the FA cup you’d hardly be surprised if Barnsley won, likewise if Portsmouth beat Fulham you would hardly be surprised if Portsmouth win.

Since they are our b!tches after all.
I would hope not, after all they're (at present) 2 leagues above us, but I'd like to think that we'd at least give them cause for thought. Plus if it was at the SOL would they for some bizzare reason, refuse to attend in the away end (for the first time this season) :lol::lol:

Ladies and gentlemen, it will never happen. How many times have we been drawn together in the 2 cups in the last 50 years? Once? And we won that. It’s a fix, I tell yer, hot balls like they have north of the border to keep Celtic and Rangers apart.

In fact, since we have (mostly!) been in the top 2 divisions, it must be some kind of record to have been drawn so infrequently against your greatest rivals!
TBF both teams hardly ever go far in the cups

You reckon? They are a piss poor Premier league side, we are the best side in league 1.....This is the FA Cup, literally anything could happen. Nowt to lose for us.
Every single one of there players would start for us. We would be beat 19 times out of 20 if we played them.

If Barnsley played Cardiff in the FA cup you’d hardly be surprised if Barnsley won, likewise if Portsmouth beat Fulham you would hardly be surprised if Portsmouth win.
I definitely would be like.

Last edited:
I would brick it as I don’t want to lose to them lot anytime, my boy is coming up 6 next year and he has not seen us lose, putting out our current team against them would increase the likelihood he would have to suffer that heart breaking feeling I think we all have felt when them bassas turn us over
Same here. 6 in Feb. Although all the pressure would be on them. I d fancy our chances of seeing the big market getting smashed up if we played them at home.

Not wanting to be a killjoy like, but I wouldn't want to draw them. How many league 1 sides beat teams from premier league? We're doing well and momentum is growing and growing. I'd rather not play them if I'm honest and taking my blinkers off.

I still would mind. Gap is still significant.

They'd take us to the cleaners.
There's a reason why we are two leagues apart.

A home tie would be a tasty prospect, though! :cool:

no of course not..out team is way behind them in terms of ability

anybody who thinks any differently is deluding themselves because we have won a few games

Would happily play any team in the premier league (including them) if we get to the 3rd round.

Always love supporting an underdog and we’d play with no fear at all whilst the premier league team will have all the pressure and expectation on them to comfortably beat us.

It should be a win-win situation for us if we draw them in the 3rd round. If we win, happy days - if we lose, we're in the 3rd tier so it was expected.

If they win they'll go on like f***ing tits for the next 9 year though and celebrate like they've just won the FA Cup. Can't be arsed with that, just let us get knocked out by Brentford at home in the 4th round.

I think they would be shitting themselves.

I think theyd be rubbing their hands with glee in anticipation of scudding us tbh.
Like Ive said before, they are an average PL side, but have way too much for us in our current situation. I wouldnt be confident of beating Cardiff, Huddersfield, Fulham and Soton either mind.

It should be a win-win situation for us if we draw them in the 3rd round. If we win, happy days - if we lose, we're in the 3rd tier so it was expected.

If they win they'll go on like f***ing tits for the next 9 year though and celebrate like they've just won the FA Cup. Can't be arsed with that, just let us get knocked out by Brentford at home in the 4th round.

IF WE LOSE, it will be a feckin nigtmare man irrespective of where we are at present.
A derby is a derby, end of, and to get them in the FA Cup {we havent even beaten Walsall yet fhs} and get beat would hurt horribly whether we were PL, Champo, or LGE 1.

Back