Would the club be prepared to clarify?

Why should they do this. If they put together a communique that states we spend 90%, 120% or 150% of revenue on player wages, how does that help our league table position or long term viability?

1 What percentage is our wage bill x Turnover?

2 How does this compare to the other clubs in the Championship?

3 What approx is our Annual Turnover?

4 How does SAFC turnover compare to others in the Championship?

We then might get a greater understanding and accurate view on how we compare to others and how far we are prepared to go in achieving our PL aspirations.

There is a lot of conjecture that we can’t compete with x, y and z which is true of the relegated teams from last season, but would be good to understand how Ipswich for example don’t seem to have a problem in going for it. Or yes they have a rich organisation behind them. Last time I looked KLD was quite a wealthy young man, so let’s see how we compare and see how the best supported team in the Championship with a staggering average of over 41k supporters cannot attract a proven CF.

For those who are yet to listen to KS press conference this afternoon, he advised us that we had 3 or 4 ( why he can’t actually say the exact number is beyond me) No9’s lined up but at the death we couldn’t get them over the line!!! 3 Transfer Windows and we where hoping to sort it on the last day….. Total mismanagement.

We should just plod on!

The OP is the type that would rather see us take daft financial risks in a desperate attempt at going up.

No you’re totally wrong, when I have said that? I am questioning the the club and have been since Jan 23 as to why the club hasn’t deemed it necessary to sign two players that might have just made the difference of us playing in the PL. Most people who have the remotest understanding knew what we needed. Even the arse Speakman said today we were at the wire ( the wire ffs) trying to sign one of three or four targets, on the last day ffs. If you think that is good management not a problem that’s your view. Mine is we are being taken for mugs.

No you’re totally wrong, when I have said that? I am questioning the the club and have been since Jan 23 as to why the club hasn’t deemed it necessary to sign two players that might have just made the difference of us playing in the PL. Most people who have the remotest understanding knew what we needed. Even the arse Speakman said today we were at the wire ( the wire ffs) trying to sign one of three or four targets, on the last day ffs. If you think that is good management not a problem that’s your view. Mine is we are being taken for mugs.
What two players?

The Op has had a brain shart

He has no skin in the game.

A 26 year old, with fuck you money and no occupation other than executive chairman of SAFC. Heir to his mother’s fortune, stepdad who’s boss of Blackrock and he’s scared to have a go. What a lack of heart and imagination he has. He needs to shit or get off the pot.

Don’t give that blether about FFP either…we’re not close to that limit if him and Juan put their allowable ‘gifts’ into the coffers.

Two billionaires spending relatively nix.
This argument I can never understand, demanding other people spend their money, it’s absolutely baffling.

Easier question would be what happened to the LN Drogba money?

What was It. 10million?

Theyve had 5 months to find some kind of capable centre forward to spend It on.

Last edited:
We can make losses of up to £13m iirc.

We made losses of £5.5m in our final season in League One - which is the latest accounts. I imagine, given increase in wages and transfer fees, this will be a lot more, and we'll be flirting with £8m-ish losses. Obviously just a guess like, as the accounts haven't been published.

This means a single player costing £15m would have us hampered for 3 seasons (£5m per season) - as FFP covers 3 seasons. This doesn't even take into account said player's wages - which you can imagine would be a fair chunk for a player of that value. Take Ipswich paying £30,000 p/w for Moore on loan for example. That's another £700k for the remainder of the season. That's half a 'proven'/'experienced'/'guaranteed goals' strikers wage for just half a season. So it'd be closer to £3m loss per season if they were to sign him permenently. How is that sustainable?

Just because other teams flirt with FFP and put themselves at risk of not being able to spend, shouldn't mean we should. It doesn't show a lack of ambition. It shows stability, and a long term plan. It's quite literally showing ambition by guaranteeing we can spend in the future, rather than lazily risking the future of the club now.
BUT, the owners are allowed to gift (or convert to new shares) an amount of money that would wipe out that spend every year

BUT, the owners are allowed to gift (or convert to new shares) an amount of money that would wipe out that spend every year

They're not entirely able to do that. Clubs are limited to losses of £5m, and an owner can put his own money in to allow losses of up to £13m. That's why the £13m figure tends to be used when talking about FFP in The Championship. Which, accourding to the last set of accounts, KLD has done iirc.

Owners can't just invest whatever they like into a club. That's why FFP exists. I know you're not daft, because I've discussed stuff on here with you before, so surely you know that owners can't just invest whatever they like?

"The maximum loss limit is now £13m per Championship season (or £5m a season of the owner does not inject equity to cover losses). Losses are assessed over three seasons (rather than just over the single, previous season)."

Last edited:

We then might get a greater understanding and accurate view on how we compare to others and how far we are prepared to go in achieving our PL aspirations.

There is a lot of conjecture that we can’t compete with x, y and z which is true of the relegated teams from last season, but would be good to understand how Ipswich for example don’t seem to have a problem in going for it. Or yes they have a rich organisation behind them. Last time I looked KLD was quite a wealthy young man, so let’s see how we compare and see how the best supported team in the Championship with a staggering average of over 41k supporters cannot attract a proven CF.

For those who are yet to listen to KS press conference this afternoon, he advised us that we had 3 or 4 ( why he can’t actually say the exact number is beyond me) No9’s lined up but at the death we couldn’t get them over the line!!! 3 Transfer Windows and we where hoping to sort it on the last day….. Total mismanagement.

We should just plod on!
Bore off man Steve, you’re on par with that other bore who creates 50 threads a day about the same shite.

Last edited:
Nah I just skimmed, I'm not interested enough right now to look into it more an example that there's lots of information out there.

I'm not convinced our crowds bring in that much money to be honest, I can't imagine (having not looked at the accounts) that our sponsorship deals are that great either.
Our crowds don't bring in "that much money" : you might well be right. It might be a lot less money next season

If KLD had any ambition he'd be laying down the gauntlet to every team in our league. We'll play you home and away. Three points for a win, one for a draw and nowt if you lose. He wouldn't dare. His mam wouldn't let him get involved. The four-eyed pussy.

We should just plod on!
Here mate

Do your own research

Back