Would the club be prepared to clarify?

Yes I am fully aware if the requirement to publish Annual Accounts, are we compatible with other teams, the hope and belief maybe blindly in my behalf that we are and should be one of the best paid clubs in the division to its players.

I know that mate, suppose I am trying to understand what our wage bill is compared to others, sick of hearing we can’t afford or compete with x y and z and we are close to FFP rules.
Our wage was very low, in the bottom third of the league. Not sure what it will be now. Financially we are in good shape, mainly because of the transfer policy.

The OP does absolutely no favours for any arguments against the current set up. Absolutely nothing going on between his lugs.

Raising the point that we are a million miles away from breaking FFP rules as some would have and want us to believe. As I thought in reality despite our turnover which won’t be anywhere near the lowest for the Division our wage bill is at the lower end.

The Op has had a brain shart

He has no skin in the game.

A 26 year old, with fuck you money and no occupation other than executive chairman of SAFC. Heir to his mother’s fortune, stepdad who’s boss of Blackrock and he’s scared to have a go. What a lack of heart and imagination he has. He needs to shit or get off the pot.

Don’t give that blether about FFP either…we’re not close to that limit if him and Juan put their allowable ‘gifts’ into the coffers.

Two billionaires spending relatively nix.

We can make losses of up to £13m iirc.

We made losses of £5.5m in our final season in League One - which is the latest accounts. I imagine, given increase in wages and transfer fees, this will be a lot more, and we'll be flirting with £8m-ish losses. Obviously just a guess like, as the accounts haven't been published.

This means a single player costing £15m would have us hampered for 3 seasons (£5m per season) - as FFP covers 3 seasons. This doesn't even take into account said player's wages - which you can imagine would be a fair chunk for a player of that value. Take Ipswich paying £30,000 p/w for Moore on loan for example. That's another £700k for the remainder of the season. That's half a 'proven'/'experienced'/'guaranteed goals' strikers wage for just half a season. So it'd be closer to £3m loss per season if they were to sign him permenently. How is that sustainable?

Just because other teams flirt with FFP and put themselves at risk of not being able to spend, shouldn't mean we should. It doesn't show a lack of ambition. It shows stability, and a long term plan. It's quite literally showing ambition by guaranteeing we can spend in the future, rather than lazily risking the future of the club now.

Compared to numbers in published accounts, those claimed figures are utter bollocks, unless you really believe the 190 admin staff at the club are getting £9m between them (an average of £47k or so).
Nah I just skimmed, I'm not interested enough right now to look into it more an example that there's lots of information out there.
Thank you, goes a long way to confirming that despite our crowds and turnover we have one of the lowest player salary levels in the Division. Thanks again.
I'm not convinced our crowds bring in that much money to be honest, I can't imagine (having not looked at the accounts) that our sponsorship deals are that great either.

Last edited:
The Op has had a brain shart

He has no skin in the game.

A 26 year old, with fuck you money and no occupation other than executive chairman of SAFC. Heir to his mother’s fortune, stepdad who’s boss of Blackrock and he’s scared to have a go. What a lack of heart and imagination he has. He needs to shit or get off the pot.

Don’t give that blether about FFP either…we’re not close to that limit if him and Juan put their allowable ‘gifts’ into the coffers.

Two billionaires spending relatively nix.
Spending other people’s money is easy.

Raising the point that we are a million miles away from breaking FFP rules as some would have and want us to believe. As I thought in reality despite our turnover which won’t be anywhere near the lowest for the Division our wage bill is at the lower end.

Would love to know how you've worked out we're a "million miles away from breaking FFP rules". We were losing over £5m per season in League One. It'll be more now in The Championship. We've spent more on transfer fees alone since being in this division, nevermind wages of players/staff that will have increased. We're only allowed to lose £13m per season.

How much more do you want the club to spend?

Our non-wage overheads at arouns £10m are among the highest in the division.
Nah I just skimmed, I'm not interested enough right now to look into it more an example that there's lots of information out there.

I'm not convinced our crowds bring in that much money to be honest, I can't imagine (having not looked at the accounts) that our sponsorship deals are that great either.

They aren't. Gate receipts in 21/22 were £9.5m, potentially about £13m now factoring in increased gates and price increases. Sponsorship was £1.4m.

Last edited:
1 What percentage is our wage bill x Turnover?

2 How does this compare to the other clubs in the Championship?

3 What approx is our Annual Turnover?

4 How does SAFC turnover compare to others in the Championship?

We then might get a greater understanding and accurate view on how we compare to others and how far we are prepared to go in achieving our PL aspirations.

There is a lot of conjecture that we can’t compete with x, y and z which is true of the relegated teams from last season, but would be good to understand how Ipswich for example don’t seem to have a problem in going for it. Or yes they have a rich organisation behind them. Last time I looked KLD was quite a wealthy young man, so let’s see how we compare and see how the best supported team in the Championship with a staggering average of over 41k supporters cannot attract a proven CF.

For those who are yet to listen to KS press conference this afternoon, he advised us that we had 3 or 4 ( why he can’t actually say the exact number is beyond me) No9’s lined up but at the death we couldn’t get them over the line!!! 3 Transfer Windows and we where hoping to sort it on the last day….. Total mismanagement.

We should just plod on!
Go for a walk.

We then might get a greater understanding and accurate view on how we compare to others and how far we are prepared to go in achieving our PL aspirations.

There is a lot of conjecture that we can’t compete with x, y and z which is true of the relegated teams from last season, but would be good to understand how Ipswich for example don’t seem to have a problem in going for it. Or yes they have a rich organisation behind them. Last time I looked KLD was quite a wealthy young man, so let’s see how we compare and see how the best supported team in the Championship with a staggering average of over 41k supporters cannot attract a proven CF.

For those who are yet to listen to KS press conference this afternoon, he advised us that we had 3 or 4 ( why he can’t actually say the exact number is beyond me) No9’s lined up but at the death we couldn’t get them over the line!!! 3 Transfer Windows and we where hoping to sort it on the last day….. Total mismanagement.

We should just plod on!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So let’s get this right, you think it’s a sign of bad ownership that we’re one of the few clubs that aren’t far off breaking FFP rules and are over-performing relative to our wage bill?

So let’s get this right, you think it’s a sign of bad ownership that we’re one of the few clubs that aren’t far off breaking FFP rules and are over-performing relative to our wage bill?

No, what I am questioning is the ambition. Bringing in a CDM and an experienced CF that we have needed for a year which was and is well within our compass, the club decided not to do it, that in my view is mismanagement

We should just plod on!
its beginning to look like something is going drastically wrong with the plan the owner is attempting to instigate.

Back