Would it be a bad move if

We should consider playing in the national colours of a wealthy gulf country- perhaps they'll buy us and turn us into an extension of their foreign policy.
Or maybe we should stick with the colours we started wearing in the 1880s

just maybe one season the home kit isn't stripes? Take a look at Southampton's home kits through the past years, it's different every year and I don't think their fans mind to see a change in design each season.
Red and white hoops?diamonds,quarters,dots,stars ,lemons?,..or pehaps just red and whit stripes,pink shorts and rainbow socks just to keep all forms of human life happy! ;)

just maybe one season the home kit isn't stripes? Take a look at Southampton's home kits through the past years, it's different every year and I don't think their fans mind to see a change in design each season.
Southampton's had some horrendous strips, including the current one.

The only thing which should be up for debate regards our home kit is the colour of the shorts and socks.

The abomination which was our 17/18 butchers bag apron should never be repeated in the way of a similar fannying about with the stripes width or even worse changing to halves/quarters/a solid colour.

Do whatever you want with the away kits but the home kit should always be red and white stripes. Not too broad, not too narrow and never more white than red.
Sorry marketing people but that's how it is.

Just looking at Palace now.
I suspect they made their change to look like Barcelona ? But the fact is they changed their traditional claret and sky blue colours to red and royal blue.
Imagine if we went to pink and gray ?
Would not happen.

Back