Would a draw be satisfactory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play well, if this system clicks and we create chances and are unlucky to just get a draw - then OK.

But if we struggle to make chances, and the system doesn't work again - then no.
Yeah, fair - the performance is as important as the result today. if it's like the gruel of last week, the result is virtually immaterial.

Depends on the manner of the draw for me. Can accept not winning these games, but the performance needs to be there and we need to be positive. If we defend out a 0-0 for instance then no, if we hit the bar 7 times and stuff them but can’t score then yes

Drawing with the likes of Oxford is the problem, rather than with the better sides.

That said, we need to make a mark - if we were to draw we’d have to be incredibly spirited and not as lethargic as last time out.

That's answering a different question tbf.

Looked at properly you'd be thinking 4 points from the first two games would be decent given the games, and the point wouldn't come from Oxford.
I agree but weve fucked it up. We cant afford to be chasing.

away at a stronger side.....aye
How on earth are they a stronger side? I've read a number of interviews where their manager is desperate for new signings which aren't forthcoming and also saying he doesn't think their good enough for promotion. We have a target of 100 points and if Ipswich are a stronger side then we are utterly kidding ourselves.

That said for me the performance has to improve. Against Oxford it was terrible - slinging hopeless crosses in when we haven't got a target man and barely getting a shot on target from open play - last week Ross failed to get the best out of the player's he's got.
Frightened about going to Ipswich. We should be looking to win every game in Div 3. How low have we got to go?

We cant win at home with our negative tactics..we may do a bit better way from home as teams will attack us more.
100% this - if Ross is not looking to win every single game then he needs to walk.

Madness isnt it. Teams who want to win the league should be going away in every game and targeting a win.
I don't think anyone is saying we should be targeting a draw, just that a draw would be a decent result in what might be the toughest game of our season. Man City going to Anfield would be happy to come home with a point, and would help them to win the league.

Anyway, this is getting silly now.

How on earth are they a stronger side? I've read a number of interviews where their manager is desperate for new signings which aren't forthcoming and also saying he doesn't think their good enough for promotion. We have a target of 100 points and if Ipswich are a stronger side then we are utterly kidding ourselves.

That said for me the performance has to improve. Against Oxford it was terrible - slinging hopeless crosses in when we haven't got a target man and barely getting a shot on target from open play - last week Ross failed to get the best out of the player's he's got.

100% this - if Ross is not looking to win every single game then he needs to walk.
Sunderland fans imho are the least arrogant in football so this is not arogance but how low have got to go before we arent scared of the opposition?

If we had had a right go at Oxford last week and drew 1-1 I wouldnt have minded in the slightet becasuse I know over the course of a season if SAFC attack teams in this league with our resources we are going to win a lot more than we loose. However, drawing 1-1 not attacking and being scared of the opposition is another thing.

Last edited:

I don't think ross has said that?

I don't think anyone is saying we should be targeting a draw, just that a draw would be a decent result in what might be the toughest game of our season. Man City going to Anfield would be happy to come home with a point, and would help them to win the league.

Anyway, this is getting silly now.
What is silly is SAFC with the most resources in Div 3 by a country mile being scared of the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back