Would a draw be satisfactory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.....and here we are rolling into town, think we know the script ;)

If we start as we did last week and let them settle then it'll be a long afternoon, I reckon. They only won 3 home games all last season and have a few young uns that Lambert has admitted wouldn't be anywhere near yet, usually. It's a perfect opportunity to have a real go from the off and get them thinking a bit.
As I say, if we start timid like we did last week, we're asking for bother.

I would prefer a win, starting to get sick of draws.

As mentioned elsewhere the expectation is that we always give one goal away cos of a defensive blunder and score one goal. So we will get 46 points this season with them all being 1-1 draws

A draw away from home is always welcome. Its the home games, these should be nailed on wins. Fortress SOL should be coached into the mindset.

Reactions: Boo
If we start as we did last week and let them settle then it'll be a long afternoon, I reckon. They only won 3 home games all last season and have a few young uns that Lambert has admitted wouldn't be anywhere near yet, usually. It's a perfect opportunity to have a real go from the off and get them thinking a bit.
As I say, if we start timid like we did last week, we're asking for bother.

I'd agree mate, I'm repeating myself from other threads but we need to show some intent, stop being what I'm viewing as a very passive approach to the game, I'm not saying go gung ho but lets get in peoples faces without the ball, hunt in packs, show some urgency and get the ball moving with more pace......our best stuff last year was played when we moved the ball quickly

I'd agree mate, I'm repeating myself from other threads but we need to show some intent, stop being what I'm viewing as a very passive approach to the game, I'm not saying go gung ho but lets get in peoples faces without the ball, hunt in packs, show some urgency and get the ball moving with more pace......our best stuff last year was played when we moved the ball quickly

Couldn't agree more mate and I'm also repeating myself from other threads, saying exactly as you have there.

If we play well, if this system clicks and we create chances and are unlucky to just get a draw - then OK.

But if we struggle to make chances, and the system doesn't work again - then no.

Absolutely not. This is league one and we would have 2 points from 2 games.
That's answering a different question tbf.

Looked at properly you'd be thinking 4 points from the first two games would be decent given the games, and the point wouldn't come from Oxford.

In the event of a draw surely it would be the performance of the team that would be the issue. Two poor teams knocking out a dull draw is very different from two teams determined to have a go and win but well matched and having to split the points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back