Worst Thing About Current Gen Consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaving the Kinect microphone on.

The amount of people who do this is beyond belief. Why even plug the fucker in, the tech is shite.
Heard so many phone conversations on Xbox Live - its annoying as fuck. Can also hear their TV playing back through the mic ffs :lol:
It can be annoying but a few times I've played FIFA and they must have it on and it's funny as hell hearing them scream and shout at their players:lol:

Last few times I've fired up my PS4 to play Tomb Raider I've had to wait 25 minutes for updates to download and install.

Set the console to update automatically, mine is set to come on at 4am or summink like that, it goes and gets all the updates for all your games (if there are any). Never have to wait for one again, just turn on and go.

Set the console to update automatically, mine is set to come on at 4am or summink like that, it goes and gets all the updates for all your games (if there are any). Never have to wait for one again, just turn on and go.
He would have nowt to whinge about then though.

The thing that really gets me is fuckwits that don't know how to use the new gen features. Like standby and auto updates that cost a few pence a year to run.

The thing that really gets me is fuckwits that don't know how to use the new gen features. Like standby and auto updates that cost a few pence a year to run.
Can you let me know how to auto-update the 29GB patch I was asked to download when I popped the DOOM disc in for the first time a few days ago? Do I time travel and have it installed before I even get the disc? :lol:

I don't have mine in standby because the room theyre in is a dust trap so the consoles are covered when not in use....

I don't have mine in standby because the room theyre in is a dust trap so the consoles are covered when not in use....
My electrics buzz and I'm a light sleeper so mine stay turned off too. It's got nothing to do with being a fuckwit or saving pennies.

How exactly is a game updating to fix issues a bad thing? :lol:
The issues shouldn't be in there in the first place? Maybe you're too young to remember games being released in a finished state. Why have QA if you're going to release a buggy mess?

This.

Updates have become a way for developers to release unfinished shite.
The regulations around gaming are so loose compared to other industries and while that continues gamers will continue to get shafted - not that many of them seem to mind, like! There was a Tony Hawk game released with a title screen on disc and the rest of the game had to be downloaded in its entirety. How can companies be allowed to do that considering when servers go the game you paid for can no longer be played?

The regulations around gaming are so loose compared to other industries and while that continues gamers will continue to get shafted - not that many of them seem to mind, like! There was a Tony Hawk game released with a title screen on disc and the rest of the game had to be downloaded in its entirety. How can companies be allowed to do that considering when servers go the game you paid for can no longer be played?
Yeah I read about that on here a few months ago. Absolute madness!

It was the same thread where they were on about Driver (3 I think) being basically an incomplete game that was just sold anyway.

The issues shouldn't be in there in the first place? Maybe you're too young to remember games being released in a finished state. Why have QA if you're going to release a buggy mess?
I don't completely disagree with you, the game has changed though. A AAA game used to be able to be made by a team of half a dozen, now there are hundreds of people involved across multiple locations.

The scale of the projects is insane compared to 20 years ago.

Plenty of ugly, broken, shite was released in the good old days too.

Don't get me started on some Amiga games I bought.

Reactions: mux

Where d'you find the options for this?

Soz for being a fuckwit like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back