Worst Thing About Current Gen Consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lexingtongue

1. Constant f***ing system software updates on my shite internet connection.
2. HD f***ing remakes.
3. Trophies/Achievements as they makes me feel almost obliged to try and get as many as possible (OCD?).

Owt else?

1 Inferior components to the PC, aye I get that PCs are always the top dog but when the 360 and ps3 came out both consoles had pretty good parts in them, whereas when the ps4 and Xbone came out the parts were already two years old or so.
2 You've got to pay to go online :lol:

Trophies/achievements are class. Keeps a game interesting after its been completed.

I don't think there's half as many updates as there used to be.

1 Inferior components to the PC, aye I get that PCs are always the top dog but when the 360 and ps3 came out both consoles had pretty good parts in them, whereas when the ps4 and Xbone came out the parts were already two years old or so.
2 You've got to pay to go online :lol:
You get free games as part of the sub now so it's a canny deal...

1. Constant f***ing system software updates on my shite internet connection.
2. HD f***ing remakes.
3. Trophies/Achievements as they makes me feel almost obliged to try and get as many as possible (OCD?).

Owt else?

Not really limited to this gen though are they? Don't really get the obsession with trophies, I've never got a platinum trophy and prob never will. I just play through the game and enjoy it.

(though I do get how it could become and obsession, prob why I've never started to achieve them, could be a slippy slope)

Overpriced digital downloads when really they should be cheaper than a hard copy, not more expensive.
Oh, yes. How did I forget this one? :evil:

Trophies/achievements are class. Keeps a game interesting after its been completed.

I don't think there's half as many updates as there used to be.
Last few times I've fired up my PS4 to play Tomb Raider I've had to wait 25 minutes for updates to download and install.

It's a bastard sitting down to play a new game before realising you have a 3 hour wait.

Launch day DLC can piss off anarl, they could at least pretend they aren't ripping us off.

It's a bastard sitting down to play a new game before realising you have a 3 hour wait.

Launch day DLC can piss off anarl, they could at least pretend they aren't ripping us off.
No other business would get away with releasing an unfinished product to its customers. Can you imagine buying an iPhone and having to removed the screws and the back of the case and install the battery yourself?

The one that reall pisses me off is the fact that they seem to be spending more time remaking games from the previous generation consoles than any new ones. I've played them games!!! I don't want to pay the price of a full game for something I completed several times over on the last console. I could have just stuck with that. I've forked out money to play new gen games on the the new console. It has slightly better graphcis, wohoo, looks good for the first five minutes then once you're playing the game you forget all about it.

Premium passes and DLC put to one side before a game has even come out. If it's done, throw it into the full £40 game we are buying you bastard c?unts

Premium passes and DLC put to one side before a game has even come out. If it's done, throw it into the full £40 game we are buying you bastard c?unts

Now that is incredibly annoying.

Games like the Witcher and Fallout I don't mind paying for the expansion pack since they offer tonnes of additional game time and is almost a new game in itself. I think the witcher expansion is only about £20 for 30+ hours of extra game play.

Whereas the likes of EA are literally charging £40 for a handful of new maps.

Now that is incredibly annoying.

Games like the Witcher and Fallout I don't mind paying for the expansion pack since they offer tonnes of additional game time and is almost a new game in itself. I think the witcher expansion is only about £20 for 30+ hours of extra game play.

Whereas the likes of EA are literally charging £40 for a handful of new maps.
Doesn't The Witcher offer a lot of free updates too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back