Worst ever result?

Worse result or worse scoreline?

I think losing away to a premier league side is not worse than losing at home to a youth team.
I am sure Southampton would rather get beat 9-0 like they did the other week than play in league 1 and get beat off an under 21 side.

Its not even our worst result this season ffs. Hirst,Thomas & the 2 centre halves would walk into most Championship sides and might have been in with a chance of Premiership football if Leicesters first team wasnt doing so well.
Revisit this result in 5 years time and we might be happy to have kept it to 2-1

When we got beat 2-1 off Notts County in the fa cup at home when Space Hopper head was here Lee hughes scored twice for them bent for us
To me, yes that is more of an upset or possibly a worse result. I think last nights result is just the shocking fact of where we are and how bad we are now.

I know. I've had a mare - faulty memory. Doesn't change the sentiment though.
No I don’t think last night was and the Yeovil result possibly was . How it is embarrassing though is we fielded 8/9 players of whom it would not create a stir if they were picked in any given league game and we produce what we did .

Depends how you rate games. It's the first home defeat ever in a lower league only competition against a youth team, so by that measure I suppose it is.

In terms of worst defeats given the level we were at (or suppose to be at) I've seen 50 far worse and not seen another 50.

In terms of gutless pathetic displays, regardless of result - hmm could be in the top 20 at least for the 2nd half...

Last edited:
Let's be honest after last season I doubt many of us give a shit really.

I'm more embarrassed about our league form, games like the play off final last season, Peterborough away this who outclassed us, drawing at home to Rotherham in the league, wycombe doing better than us, lincoln beating us - I.e. games we're really taking seriously, not a competition we've made loads of changes for and put players in we know aren't up to it.

I mean yeah we should have done better given the level of senior players playing last night but it hardly registers to me at the moment, where failing to beat Bolton etc did.
Pisshead players mate

Off the top of my head I can think of at least 53 results worse than last nights.

I said last season when we drew 2-2 at home to Accrington I'd have classed that as our worst result of all time but we've had a few more since. Fleetwood, Lincoln and Shrewsbury just a few of losses that are worse. Last night will be played down because nobody is bothered about this competition but our first team losing to any u21 team is tragic. Having said that, get us out of this cup and the FA Cup asap and get focused on getting out of this league

I really cant see how mate.
We fielded a strong team against someones second string.
Heartbreaking how far we’ve fallen ffs.
We aren’t in a good place now mate. It’s just a matter of toughing it out til we are. Nothing worth having comes easy.

I think the "Worst Ever" is still a possibility.
Finishing this season in a worse position that last, is easily achievable.

Alternatively, getting past Gillingham on Saturday & then losing to 8th tier Chichester is still a (albeit unlikely) potential humiliation 🤔😁

No doubt the vultures of the press would lap it up.

Would that be classed as the worst ever if it did occur??

Worst result ever? WTF? Leicester are flying, are a premier league [1st] team and we rested some key players.
I hardly batted an eyelid.
5-1 away to the mags (and probably every defeat to the scum for that matter, not that it's happened recently like ;) ) felt worse. Each defeat in the league this year was worse.
Half the fans wanted out of this cup anyway, whose to say PP doesn't but can't say.

So much negativity around this forum now - loads of people just can't wait to jump on the owners' back. I'm not saying its all great but I have faith we'll get at least the playoffs (we're virtually in the places already and have surely had our worst period) and possibly automatic. Getting beat in the shithead.com cup off Leicester's reserves is not the worst result ever. Haway man.

Last edited:
In theory yes but in practise it’s a competition we want out of. Wasn’t remotely bothered we lost last night and only avid football fans will be aware that the game was even taking place.

Worst result ever? WTF? Leicester are flying, are a premier league [1st] team and we rested some key players.
I hardly batted an eyelid.
5-1 away to the mags (and probably every defeat to the scum for that matter, not that it's happened recently like ;) ) felt worse. Each defeat in the league this year was worse.
Half the fans wanted out of this cup anyway, whose to say PP doesn't but can't say.

So much negativity around this forum now - loads of people just can't wait to jump on the owners' back. I'm not saying its all great but I have faith we'll get at least the playoffs (we're virtually in the places already and have surely had our worst period) and possibly automatic. Getting beat in the shithead.com cup off Leicester's reserves is not the worst result ever. Haway man.

EDIT: Having re-read the OP again I've realised he/she is referring to the result in isolation maybes, so apologies if I went off on a rant. This place is just so depressing at the moment and whilst I know there's good reason to not be happy as fans right now, we seem to be heading in the right direction and surely the team need our support regardless of who is to blame (past or present).

Back