Worst ever result?

Alternatively, getting past Gillingham on Saturday & then losing to 8th tier Chichester is still a (albeit unlikely) potential humiliation 🤔😁

No doubt the vultures of the press would lap it up.

Would that be classed as the worst ever if it did occur??

At the moment most of our performances are falling into the bracket of "Worst Ever".
I think by the end of the season, its safe to say that one of our results will be the title
holder of "Worst Ever".

EDIT: Having re-read the OP again I've realised he/she is referring to the result in isolation maybes, so apologies if I went off on a rant. This place is just so depressing at the moment and whilst I know there's good reason to not be happy as fans right now, we seem to be heading in the right direction and surely the team need our support regardless of who is to blame (past or present).

agree and im one of our more upbeat fans.

in the history books though it has to go down as technically a very poor result no matter how its dressed up.

I thought being stuffed by Peterborough was the nadir, then came Lincoln.

Sure we've had poor performances & rotten results over the years, every team has, but nothing brought home to me more about our current situation than those two results.

I think losing to Yeovil in the FA Cup and Gravesend taking us to a replay were probably worse. There's been plenty worse results and performances in pre-season but then they are glorified training sessions, so it depends if you think they can be included.

5-1 v The Mags, 8-0 v Southampton, v Portsmouth Play Off Final, Hull 3-0 in the Cup under Poyet

were all worse for me.

That Hull game, man! I’ll never understand Poyet’s decision making for that game.
It’s an irrelevant cup that the sooner we get out of the better...

There are no irrelevant competitive games, imo. Every game should be treated as a ‘must win’.

Last edited:
That Hull game, man! I’ll never understand Poyet’s decision making for that game.

There are no irrelevant competitive games, imo. Every game should be treated as a ‘must win’.
Correct marra ..this acceptance of defeat at our club seems to have also spread to the young uns who play at Hetton as well as the under 18s...someone needs to get a grip of this and some need to be accountable to help stop the slide of our club.I will like most I would hope follow them nee matter what but it is time for responsibility across the board ...watching the opposition last night change things at half time and out run us from then on was embarrasing ( we had on paper a strong side out!) ..they were full of energy ..we looked lost in spite of the " experience" in our side .not good enough

Its not even our worst result this season ffs. Hirst,Thomas & the 2 centre halves would walk into most Championship sides and might have been in with a chance of Premiership football if Leicesters first team wasnt doing so well.
Revisit this result in 5 years time and we might be happy to have kept it to 2-1
Scunthorpe from L2 drew with them away from home

Agreed. But it was one of the reasons that stopped us getting promoted, the amount of games after the Wembley trip was ridiculous and this season I think we have more than enough money. We need full focus on the league this season.
It only added 1 extra game - Burton. Accrington had been rained off in December and Fleetwood rearranged from intentional call ups.

What do you reckon.

I’d actually class last nights as worse than pools beating us at roker. Far worse actually.

what was the huge fa cup upset before my time? Yeovil?
Wtf ? Losing narrowly to the u23 side of a team currently 3rd in PL , us in div1 , it wasn't even a bad result you fanny.

Put it a different way.

Methven wanted a cup run due to money raised last season. If that's the case we've got further in the league cup than last season. Get through to the 3rd Round and draw one of the big boys, and he'll be happy.

We had our fun in the EFL cup last season. Some people really, really need to give it a rest. I would rather play 5 games less and save that energy for the league.

I didn't bat an eyelid. Well i said "Fuck me" when they got the 2nd, but as soon as they blew for full time, i was thinking that's one cup out the way. Don't get me wrong i want us to win every game, but the cup run buggered us last season (It certainly didn't help when you saw our slump at the end of the season)
I wanted us to rest players, and i wanted the ones to come in to be flying. It seems they were poor, so the only downside is (And it could also be a positive in a way) the players will not be in the picture until they prove themselves in training. The positive i mean is Parky could well know who he doesn't mind letting go in January. This could clear the way for signings to mix things up, as we have too many similar midfielders.

In no way in any part of my mind did i think that was anything remotely close to been one of our worst ever results

What do you reckon.

I’d actually class last nights as worse than pools beating us at roker. Far worse actually.

what was the huge fa cup upset before my time? Yeovil?
Probably been worse results but that shite last night v young uns plus 7th in league 1 makes this the lowest point in our history so far imho.
The FA, cup game v Gillingham at 1pm can go get fkd.
Southampton away or Bolton this season
At least we were in PL same as Saints, plus a weak cowardly referee robbed us down there.
Bolton will beat a good few teams. If they don't get hit with anymore points deductions, they'll survive. However I suspect they might but it should be done now if its going to happen.

Last edited:

Back