Worst ever result?

SPUFF

Striker
What do you reckon.

I’d actually class last nights as worse than pools beating us at roker. Far worse actually.

what was the huge fa cup upset before my time? Yeovil?

We need to start dealing with this been in League 1. Everything from last season to this is going to be the 'worst ever'. Its just fact that we finished 5th in the third tier last season which was out worst ever league finish, that was the 'worst ever', getting beat at lincoln 2-0 was the 'worst ever', getting beat by Leicester U21's is the 'worst ever' in a cup which we really dont want to be in. This is how it is at the minute im afraid

Let's be honest after last season I doubt many of us give a shit really.

I'm more embarrassed about our league form, games like the play off final last season, Peterborough away this who outclassed us, drawing at home to Rotherham in the league, wycombe doing better than us, lincoln beating us - I.e. games we're really taking seriously, not a competition we've made loads of changes for and put players in we know aren't up to it.

I mean yeah we should have done better given the level of senior players playing last night but it hardly registers to me at the moment, where failing to beat Bolton etc did.

Last edited:
Worse result or worse scoreline?

I think losing away to a premier league side is not worse than losing at home to a youth team.

completely agree. With an 70% first team out its laughable. Id be ashamed to be part of that result whereas everyonegets a spanking in the prem every now n then.

Worse result or worse scoreline?

I think losing away to a premier league side is not worse than losing at home to a youth team.

Its not a youth team though. it's an under 21 side including players like George Hirst who was playing for Sheff Wed two seasons ago in the championship and only didn't play more because of his contract situation. he ended up making a move abroad to leicesters partner club to avoid hefty compensation.

Thomas who played has played about 80 league games.

Wright was bought from Blackburn, Johnson spent time on loan at Hibs, Clark signed from Villa and played a season at Port Vale. Benkovic is 22 a full Croatian international signed from Zagreb, played about 120 games and played 28 games for Celtic last season. Even the keeper was out on loan playing senior football.

Some of these players have been identified and brought in. It's something we didn't do enough of when in the PL.
Oh and Benkovic alone had a fee approaching 13m spent on him.

Sheff Wed knocked back fees of around 2m for Hirst before he went to Leuven on a bosman.

Last edited:
Its not a youth team though. it's an under 21 side including players like George Hirst who was playing for Sheff Wed two seasons ago in the championship and only didn't play more because of his contract situation. he ended up making a move abroad to leicesters partner club to avoid hefty compensation.

Thomas who played has played about 80 league games.

Wright was bought from Blackburn, Johnson spent time on loan at Hibs, Clark signed from Villa and played a season at Port Vale. Benkovic is 22 a full Croatian international signed from Zagreb, played about 120 games and played 28 games for Celtic last season. Even the keeper was out on loan playing senior football.

Some of these players have been identified and brought in. It's something we didn't do enough of when in the PL.
Oh and Benkovic alone had a fee approaching 13m spent on him.

Sheff Wed knocked back fees of around 2m for Hirst before he went to Leuven on a bosman.

lets call it their reserves then.

still doesnt feel any better!

Back