World Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just said on another thread. They must have crossed. Stokes isn't that quick. He couldn't have been where he was otherwise.

Imo as the camera of course didnt show it, i think as it was a blur :lol:
At the point of release? The ball still had a long way to travel

At the point of release? The ball still had a long way to travel
True, but still looks to me that he might have just been on his way back. Just watched it several times and you cant tell from what is shown.

You see him throw it and then the camera pans out and stokes is on his way back.

True, but still looks to me that he might have just been on his way back. Just watched it several times and you cant tell from what is shown.

You see him throw it and then the camera pans out and stokes is on his way back.

Seen it from a different camera and for me he has turned and in on his way back when its thrown. Not when its picked up but as you say if the rule is when released then its 6 runs

I've watched loads of football matches from world cup finals to FA cups and that cricket final was the greatest sporting event I've seen.

Even my lass (no) who can't stand cricket (but watched the last hour) was still talking about it this morning when we got up. Absolutely incredible sporting event that will live long in the memory!

Thinking back we needed 15 off the last over in the fifty. Stokes didn’t score in the first two balls in that over

He got 14 off 4

I’m still drained after it all

The rule states that at the moment of the event, the runs already ran count, plus the four. The problem is what is the event - the throw or hitting the bat? We had scored 1 run at the throw but 2 runs when it hit the bat. There doesn’t appear to be in the ICC code of conduct any definition as to what the event actually is. Therefore the 5 or 6 debate is ambiguous

The rule states that at the moment of the event, the runs already ran count, plus the four. The problem is what is the event - the throw or hitting the bat? We had scored 1 run at the throw but 2 runs when it hit the bat. There doesn’t appear to be in the ICC code of conduct any definition as to what the event actually is. Therefore the 5 or 6 debate is ambiguous
EXACTLY

The laws refer to the throw or act. 1) The throw clearly took place before the players had crossed - which would mean 5 runs. However, the act (ball hitting Stokes bat) took place after the throw and hence becomes the key in determining whether it's 1 or 2 runs (plus the overthrows). Awful Taufel should be aware of it, I don't know why he's referring to the throw - it was superseded by the act. Dribbling Aussie Thundercunt.

The laws refer to the throw or act. 1) The throw clearly took place before the players had crossed - which would mean 5 runs. However, the act (ball hitting Stokes bat) took place after the throw and hence becomes the key in determining whether it's 1 or 2 runs (plus the overthrows). Awful Taufel should be aware of it, I don't know why he's referring to the throw - it was superseded by the act. Dribbling Aussie Thundercunt.

It really doesn’t define what the “act” consists of though. Is hitting the bat included within this? Or is it reserved for hitting the fielder or stumps or other eventualities like kicking the ball and things?

It’s such a loose definition, I’m sure somewhere there is some clarification but having googled the laws of the game I can’t find it anywhere

It really doesn’t define what the “act” consists of though. Is hitting the bat included within this? Or is it reserved for hitting the fielder or stumps or other eventualities like kicking the ball and things?

It’s such a loose definition, I’m sure somewhere there is some clarification but having googled the laws of the game I can’t find it anywhere

Well, if the batsmen haven't crossed by the time the ball hits the stumps then we don't need to worry about overthrows. My view is that it's specifically added to the law to accommodate any event that takes place after the throw.

It's clear that my post above is drivel. So I take back what I said about Taufel... he's a whinging Dribble Aussie Thundercunt

Law 19.8, pertaining to "Overthrow or wilful act of fielder", says: "If the boundary results from an overthrow or from the wilful act of a fielder, the runs scored shall be any runs for penalties awarded to either side, and the allowance for the boundary, and the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant of the throw or act."Law 19.8, pertaining to "Overthrow or wilful act of fielder", says: "If the boundary results from an overthrow or from the wilful act of a fielder, the runs scored shall be any runs for penalties awarded to either side, and the allowance for the boundary, and the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant of the throw or act."

The version of the law that I'd read on newspaper site somewhere didn't mention the wilful act of the fielder. Hence I was assuming that the act was simply anything that took place after the throw. It's clearly not.

Any who gives a fuck. We won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back