World Cup squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some journos seem to reckon Plunkett, 34 and his pace has dropped which has meant he isnt as effective in the middle overs anymore.

If Wood is fully fit he's played his way in after his performances in the WI. Willey has been pretty effective up top and if the ball swings early on which it may well do in English conditions, he'll be a handful. Woakes has been in and out but again will suit the conditions and is a good lower order batsman. Plunkett is the likely one based on that but he's been consistent over the last couple of years in ODI's and it will be a tough call.

If Wood is fully fit he's played his way in after his performances in the WI. Willey has been pretty effective up top and if the ball swings early on which it may well do in English conditions, he'll be a handful. Woakes has been in and out but again will suit the conditions and is a good lower order batsman. Plunkett is the likely one based on that but he's been consistent over the last couple of years in ODI's and it will be a tough call.

I am amazed some pundits don't want Willey in, such short memories

We are playing in ENGLAND, we could wake up and it could be completely cloudy, the ball could swing round corners

Willey would be one of the first on the teamsheet in those conditions

I am amazed some pundits don't want Willey in, such short memories

We are playing in ENGLAND, we could wake up and it could be completely cloudy, the ball could swing round corners

Willey would be one of the first on the teamsheet in those conditions

Yeah it surprises me too, the lack of credit he's been given is unjust IMO. He's a very effective new ball bowler in English conditions and has proven so over the last 12-18 months. He might look a bit more innocuous in the conditions don't suit him, but that could be said about most of our bowlers. My only disappointment will Willey is his batting as he's a decent hitter but never seems to come off for England.

Yeah it surprises me too, the lack of credit he's been given is unjust IMO. He's a very effective new ball bowler in English conditions and has proven so over the last 12-18 months. He might look a bit more innocuous in the conditions don't suit him, but that could be said about most of our bowlers. My only disappointment will Willey is his batting as he's a decent hitter but never seems to come off for England.

Yeah don't play him if it they don't suit him, its a squad, need options and he is a left

We don't need Wood, Woakes, Archer and Curran like, all will do similar roles

So Curran misses out, he did well in Australia but hasn't really featured loads or that well since, not sure why he is seen as nailed on, unless I am missing someit

Yeah don't play him if it they don't suit him, its a squad, need options and he is a left

We don't need Wood, Woakes, Archer and Curran like, all will do similar roles

So Curran misses out, he did well in Australia but hasn't really featured loads or that well since, not sure why he is seen as nailed on, unless I am missing someit

Agreed. Curran is the least effective of all those bowlers IMO and therefore should miss out.

The bigger picture lads is whoever makes the cut, this is the strongest one day side we have had for a very very long time imo.

The talent is there, settled team only 1 or 2 places to be decided in the side if that!

Really good to see imo.

Strauss and Archer have absolutely no comparison he came here when he was 6

Can't just lump everyone in together

world is a much smaller place like, but not every case is the same

I think if you are in the system and playing under 19 cricket in world cups, its dodgy just changing.

I couldn't believe Rice could change to england in the footy, played in every age group for ireland, for the national side, then switched

The point is not whether they have the right nationality wise etc, its you have to have guidelines in play or it just becomes like a club game with transfers.
I agree and England have followed the international governing body guidelines which make him eligble to play.

If the guidelines need changing then fair enough but they are being applied as they currently stand.

I agree and England have followed the international governing body guidelines which make him eligble to play.

If the guidelines need changing then fair enough but they are being applied as they currently stand.

I don't think anyone is disputing the guidelines, and England certainly aren't the only country taking advantage of them, it can just occasionally be a little distasteful to see someone such as Archer coming into the squad at the expense of a bone fida English cricketer.

Denly is defs the patsy, he hasn’t played since 2009 and won’t ever get picked

Archer for Denly

Put your mortgage on it

I don't think anyone is disputing the guidelines, and England certainly aren't the only country taking advantage of them, it can just occasionally be a little distasteful to see someone such as Archer coming into the squad at the expense of a bone fida English cricketer.
Sorry what is a bone tissue English cricketer exactly? And why is it distateful for someone who has dual nationality at birth to pick one of the countries he is eligble for?

My opinion is completely different for Kolpack's whose choice is not due to parentage.

Sorry what is a bone tissue English cricketer exactly? And why is it distateful for someone who has dual nationality at birth to pick one of the countries he is eligble for?

My opinion is completely different for Kolpack's whose choice is not due to parentage.

Someone who wasn't born and raised in Barbados and played for another countries U19's.

Someone who wasn't born and raised in Barbados and played for another countries U19's.
So when he makes his debut for England does that mean he is neither bone fida English or West Indian then?

Poor bloke is in limbo then as that means his bone fida status is neither of his nationalities. Somewhat ironic that.....

So when he makes his debut for England does that mean he is neither bone fida English or West Indian then?

Poor bloke is in limbo then as that means his bone fida status is neither of his nationalities. Somewhat ironic that.....

He's a West Indian, I don't care how you want to dress it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back