Working Mens Clubs

The Farmers is the one I mentioned earlier with the committee member telling someone there was no kept seats.

I’ve never been able to get in the Derwenthurst. Every time I press the buzzer no one comes…

I go in the Guide because it’s reasonable beer with most of the stuff you get from a WMC, doms, food, bingo. I mean I leave when the karaoke starts on a Sunday but that’s just me. I’m on the darts team now.
You press the buzzer to let you in, no one comes.
Press, you hear a click, open the door to the magical world of the Derwenthurst.
You need to be a member, but you just start going and ask, someone will out you forward,
The days of your family passing down shares from father to son are long gone.

Ridiculous, isn't it. Man of his age with a half-head Maori tattoo with a rat-tail sticking out the top.

I've known him for years - he can be obnoxious at times but I think he 'cultivates' the miserable persona to a degree.

It serves it's purpose and provides a focal point for the bile and venom that some customers feel they need to direct towards the club.
Like I say I know him by name and I’ve seen him around over the years but I know nothing about the fella except that haircut is something else !!! Not sure why people are hating the club it’s been a big part of the history of the village and my mam would be lost without it. She’s in there 4 nights a week !!!

Like I say I know him by name and I’ve seen him around over the years but I know nothing about the fella except that haircut is something else !!! Not sure why people are hating the club it’s been a big part of the history of the village and my mam would be lost without it. She’s in there 4 nights a week !!!
Some people just like to moan about things.

This place is a prime example.

Ferryhill Club still going strong and more popular than ever and less than £3 a pint. Also has stuff on for the youngins such as bongo bingo etc. Run down as hell but aren’t most WMC’s like that?

How can you water down keg beer?
No idea, never worked in a bar. If it's not watered down then it must be either a different cheaper brand being passed off as what it's supposed to be or they dont clean the lines properly. Tried the lager, weak as piss, so switched to john Smith's , just as bad.

A dying thing tbh. I used to enjoy going to the club, but my local got demolished as it died a death. Must be a tough thing to run now as the younguns just aren't interested in them and they will eventually fizzle out as the regulars die off.

A dying thing tbh. I used to enjoy going to the club, but my local got demolished as it died a death. Must be a tough thing to run now as the younguns just aren't interested in them and they will eventually fizzle out as the regulars die off.
Haven't been in one in about 15 years. Steels used to be ok. The mill view looks busy whenever I pass. Mainly older lads and butch women but they must do well enough.

No idea, never worked in a bar. If it's not watered down then it must be either a different cheaper brand being passed off as what it's supposed to be or they dont clean the lines properly. Tried the lager, weak as piss, so switched to john Smith's , just as bad.

Speaking from experience, much of that isn't really feasible. I'm sure a member of staff would let slip to one of the punters that pint of Stella is really a pint of Carling.

Back