Work 'til you drop kids...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be changed to 70 with inmediate effect including all public and state pensions. Kicking the can down the road simply isn't fair.

just put it up gradually.

should have done it for years. stick it up a month a year

so 65 and 1 month
65 and 2 months

every 12 years retirement goes up a year

felt for those women on the cusp who just missed out on the 60. if it had been tapered up be lot less hard hitting

I know a good few pensioners who get by on their state (something they have contributed to all their working life) and lead a comfortable life

haha screw all you under 45's!

much like the immortal Blep I will be 47 soon

luckily I have 28 years lgps under my belt and at the minute still qualify for the 85 rule..this will probably change the year I can finish knowing my luck

Last edited:
A piece of advice, don't fall for the patter, GET RID IF THESE TORIES, they are of no use to any working person.

just do 40 years full stamp is another way forward. 40 work continuously for 40 years you retire early
What about women who have to take time off to have kids. It is an essential function.

I have a meeting with Human Remains tomorrow in an attempt to try and shorten my working week to 4 days starting in July and hopefully down to 3 days by January 2018 as I'm due to retire in July 2018, just squeaked in under the wire.
Well done dad for staying sober in November 1952 for at least one night

I know a good few pensioners who get by on their state (something they have contributed to all their working life) and lead a comfortable life
i know pensioners who are struggling, don't forget, any cuts to them will be a cut to you. The job situation could become very precarious with brexit, just as it did for us in thatcher's time, knocks a big hole in your pension.

I have a meeting with Human Remains tomorrow in an attempt to try and shorten my working week to 4 days starting in July and hopefully down to 3 days by January 2018 as I'm due to retire in July 2018, just squeaked in under the wire.

well don't old chap... you can spend all your days sanding rust off Alfas

Why don't you stay on full time for a year after retirement age and if you have been paying National Insurance the DOP will put your £8,000 pension to one side and give you it on retirement. Worth looking into mate.

i know pensioners who are struggling, don't forget, any cuts to them will be a cut to you. The job situation could become very precarious with brexit, just as it did for us in thatcher's time, knocks a big hole in your pension.
I am not saying what is right or wrong, I am just commenting on pensioners who I know that have worked all their lives and manage on the full state pension. They are entitled to it in my eyes as it is something they have contributed to for fifty years.

A piece of advice, don't fall for the patter, GET RID IF THESE TORIES, they are of no use to any working person.

What about women who have to take time off to have kids. It is an essential function.

Don't fall for what patter? People living longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back