Work 'til you drop kids...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddy O'Dors

Striker
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39352654

An analysis for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has suggested that workers under the age of 30 may not get a pension until the age of 70.

A second report, by John Cridland, proposes that those under the age of 45 may have to work a year longer, to 68.

Us "oldies" are pulling the drawbridge up behind us. Soz.

Fuck that. No chance I'm working over 65, ideally be done at 60.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39352654

An analysis for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has suggested that workers under the age of 30 may not get a pension until the age of 70.

A second report, by John Cridland, proposes that those under the age of 45 may have to work a year longer, to 68.

Us "oldies" are pulling the drawbridge up behind us. Soz.
ive already accepted i'll be working till i'm 70

Should be changed to 70 with inmediate effect including all public and state pensions. Kicking the can down the road simply isn't fair.

aside from many public sector pension ages are now linked to the state pension anyway, 'with inmediate(sic) effect' would also be illegal
Good luck trying to recruit police, firefigher, nurses, teachers etc. Would you want to be rescued from a burning building by a senior citizen?
In other news today, numbers in teacher training has dropped below the numbers needed just to stand still
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-39355165
And you want to make it worse?

A sensible solution would be allow for flexible retirements. If you want to take your (state) pension earlier, but at a smaller value, you should be allowed to.

Wanna be retired by 55 me like. Mortgage paid off, rent out the parents house when they die, their place is already mortgage free. Kids will be up and gone by then as well hopefully.

Wanna be retired by 55 me like. Mortgage paid off, rent out the parents house when they die, their place is already mortgage free. Kids will be up and gone by then as well hopefully.
I'm getting towards that, would like mine paid off then to get some buy to let places on interest only mortgages.

I'm resigned to having to work for longer than my parents did. Combined with house prices, tuition fees and graduate jobs it really does feel at times as though the preceding generation has pulled the ladder up behind them.

I think I've read somewhere that my generation will be the first to have less wealth than their parents.

Fuck that. No chance I'm working over 65, ideally be done at 60.

That's what I thought - pay plenty of additional pension payments, stay in SERPs and I could retire at 60 - the City of London coked up my pension and my state pension age is 67 last time last time I looked.

I'm resigned to having to work for longer than my parents did. Combined with house prices, tuition fees and graduate jobs it really does feel at times as though the preceding generation has pulled the ladder up behind them.

I think I've read somewhere that my generation will be the first to have less wealth than their parents.

The boss of Centrica (British Gas) has just given himself a 40% rise - no worries for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back