Work from home tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. I guess you were out and about. It seems those who work on site or in a factory all day take bait in. That's what's been said on here as well, with people scoffing at those spending loads on bait and coffees, saying it was wasting money. Suddenly its changed now though and those people MUST get to Pret, the selfish bastards!

What rules marra? Just interested as our place is down sizing and already telling people they'll be working from home more, if not permanently.
There’s ton of thought needed, all this gdpr bollocks and PI data, nothing has been put in place by the majority of firms at the minute.

they will need to , to allow wfh where that data is used. The compliance prior are not issuing fines or taking it to seriously at the minute as obviously none of this was planned. It’s defo a consideration

i honestly can't fathom how so many people can work from home. surely it's just dicking about on computers all day.
does nobody do proper jobs nowadays, making things, building things and the like?
perhaps that's why the country is in the state it's in because of all the pampered, pointy shoed office jockeys?

It’s a recipe for outsourcing also

In some places aye. It'd would have happened on larger scales by now if it was going to. Plenty of roles won't be though. Civil service for example.

There’s ton of thought needed, all this gdpr bollocks and PI data, nothing has been put in place by the majority of firms at the minute.

they will need to , to allow wfh where that data is used. The compliance prior are not issuing fines or taking it to seriously at the minute as obviously none of this was planned. It’s defo a consideration

Fair post, we shall see. End of the day, for profit organisations will simply look at the numbers and go with the approach that makes them the most coin. At present its clearly having people WFH, and has been for yonks truth be told.
i honestly can't fathom how so many people can work from home. surely it's just dicking about on computers all day.
does nobody do proper jobs nowadays, making things, building things and the like?
perhaps that's why the country is in the state it's in because of all the pampered, pointy shoed office jockeys?

No. Its because the economy is hinged on bars/restaurants/shops which is why all the panic is kicking in.

Last edited:
The more you think about it, the better this is for companies. They can get rid of expensive properties and have a much bigger pool of talent to pick from. London based won't have to pay London wages as they can get people in from other regions instead. Oppositely opportunities will be spread further afield.

Take out The City and that is what our economy is built on, the hospitality industry (you questioned what our economy was about). Its about time the government pulled its finger out and looked to help create other jobs, the useless sack of shites.

Last edited:
You might have noticed a certain PM who pretty much decimated our manufacturing base in favour of a service economy.

Once the pandemic is over rules will be put in place to get people back to the office. A blind man on a galloping horse can see it coming.
What will the rule be? How do you word or enforce that? My wife is a freelancer who has worked from home for 7 years. Be interesting where they see her going.
Says a person typing into a computer to share his thoughts.

Who maintains the servers the SMB is running on? Who wrote the software it runs? Who maintains the network infrastructure between your device and the SMB server? Who wrote the browser on the device you are using? Who designed the device you are using? Who researched all the tech the above is on?

People sitting about clicking on computers, not doing ‘proper jobs’ in your eyes.

It is not the 1930s anymore. Many people use their brains for work, rather than the whole village go down the pit.

Last edited:
What will the rule be? How do you word or enforce that? My wife is a freelancer who has worked from home for 7 years. Be interesting where they see her going.

Who maintains the servers the SMB is running on? Who wrote the software it runs? Who maintains the network infrastructure between your device and the SMB server? Who wrote the browser on the device you are using? Who designed the device you are using? Who researched all the tech the above is on?

People sitting about clicking on computers, not doing ‘proper jobs’ in your eyes.

It is not the 1930s anymore. Many people use their brains for work, rather than the whole village go down the pit.
absolute rubbish. most of you lot just spend hours sitting on your arse playing solitaire all day scared to get your hands dirty and do a real job.

I dont know, but no doubt something will be brought in.. the pandemic needs paid for some how....

absolute rubbish. most of you lot just spend hours sitting on your arse playing solitaire all day scared to get your hands dirty and do a real job.
:D You failed to answer any of the questions. Was it someone at a computer or someone with dirty hands writing the SMB code?

:D You failed to answer any of the questions. Was it someone at a computer or someone with dirty hands writing the SMB code?
what are you on about? how does being on here contribute to the economy? aye, we need people to clart on with computers but does everything we do need to be reliant on them. an awful lot of the day to day problems we come across are down to unaccountable people sitting at a desk not doing their job properly.
joking apart, the state of the nation and a lot of it's problems are down to people scared to get their hands dirty. the decline in heavy industry is parallel to the increase in workshy fops.

I dont know, but no doubt something will be brought in.. the pandemic needs paid for some how....
That is two different issues. People sitting in an office will not pay off the pandemic. People spending money will, so if people have more time and more disposable income due to not commuting then they will spend, and tax will be picked up. It might even be better than that money flooding out of the country to middle east oil companies.

There is no sensible way to word a law to make people go into offices, so despite your claim it is obvious, it is not going to happen. There were tens of thousands working from home every day before this. Many places allowed occasional days. What will the punishment be, arrest if you don’t go to an office? What about people who travel a lot for jobs (sales, engineers etc), they are always mobile? The law would have to cater for that.

The best you could get is a tax per individual if they have not spent say 60% of their time in an office, or out in the field if your company is over a certain size. Even then it comes down to honesty and creates all sorts of problems trying to track and police. It also fucks over the large number of businesses who mostly worked from home anyway.

You then have to define what an office is. It would not surprise me to have a sudden upsurge in garden buildings or bits of houses declared as an office. My freelance wife would have our study declared as an office. I work in there at the moment too, so that could leave me exempt - which is silly.

It is just a massive complicated minefield in order to help sandwich shops. The big thing is, it dictates peoples freedom and that never works well in a democracy. Imagine a CEO of a company saying to their employees they want them to be able to work from home, but the government forces them all to travel in? Then the opposition party pops up and says “vote for us and be free to move and work where you like”. It would be a landslide victory.

If you can say how a law would work, I’ll believe your claim it is obvious.

That is two different issues. People sitting in an office will not pay off the pandemic. People spending money will, so if people have more time and more disposable income due to not commuting then they will spend, and tax will be picked up. It might even be better than that money flooding out of the country to middle east oil companies.

There is no sensible way to word a law to make people go into offices, so despite your claim it is obvious, it is not going to happen. There were tens of thousands working from home every day before this. Many places allowed occasional days. What will the punishment be, arrest if you don’t go to an office? What about people who travel a lot for jobs (sales, engineers etc), they are always mobile? The law would have to cater for that.

The best you could get is a tax per individual if they have not spent say 60% of their time in an office, or out in the field if your company is over a certain size. Even then it comes down to honesty and creates all sorts of problems trying to track and police. It also fucks over the large number of businesses who mostly worked from home anyway.

You then have to define what an office is. It would not surprise me to have a sudden upsurge in garden buildings or bits of houses declared as an office. My freelance wife would have our study declared as an office. I work in there at the moment too, so that could leave me exempt - which is silly.

It is just a massive complicated minefield in order to help sandwich shops. The big thing is, it dictates peoples freedom and that never works well in a democracy. Imagine a CEO of a company saying to their employees they want them to be able to work from home, but the government forces them all to travel in? Then the opposition party pops up and says “vote for us and be free to move and work where you like”. It would be a landslide victory.

Gdpr and PII data will have some impact

what are you on about? how does being on here contribute to the economy? aye, we need people to clart on with computers but does everything we do need to be reliant on them. an awful lot of the day to day problems we come across are down to unaccountable people sitting at a desk not doing their job properly.
joking apart, the state of the nation and a lot of it's problems are down to people scared to get their hands dirty. the decline in heavy industry is parallel to the increase in workshy fops.
It was an example. All the software and tech you are using right now was designed, written and maintained by people sitting with clean hands. Now think of all the software and tech in use. Banks, ecommerce, Universities, financial sector, research, etc. All areas that contribute masses to the economy where the majority of people are paid far more than manual workers, pay far more tax and have more disposable income which boosts the economy more than a welder.

A country full of manual workers is not going to be a successfully country. The 1930s ended, jobs done with tech is the modern world to all but the poorest nations.

It was an example. All the software and tech you are using right now was designed, written and maintained by people sitting with clean hands. Now think of all the software and tech in use. Banks, ecommerce, Universities, financial sector, research, etc. All areas that contribute masses to the economy where the majority of people are paid far more than manual workers, pay far more tax and have more disposable income which boosts the economy more than a welder.

A country full of manual workers is not going to be a successfully country. The 1930s ended, jobs done with tech is the modern world to all but the poorest nations.
perhaps but you can't beat the satisfaction of standing back and looking at something that you've built or made with your bare hands. perhaps a computer biff gets the same satisfaction clocking space invaders but the majority of office workers just exist to make problems for the general public. call centres wouldn't exist if people did their job properly in the first place. has anyone ever 'phoned one up to say the firm they represent is doing a good job?
i'd wager a high percentage of problems in today's world are caused by some tit with fat fingers pressing a wrong button.

perhaps but you can't beat the satisfaction of standing back and looking at something that you've built or made with your bare hands. perhaps a computer biff gets the same satisfaction clocking space invaders but the majority of office workers just exist to make problems for the general public. call centres wouldn't exist if people did their job properly in the first place. has anyone ever 'phoned one up to say the firm they represent is doing a good job?
i'd wager a high percentage of problems in today's world are caused by some tit with fat fingers pressing a wrong button.
You sound like a bit of a dinosaur longing for a world where there are no computers, no internet, no books etc.

People do get satisfaction from producing digital things, just as much as a builder.

You do talk as if back in the day there was no shoddy workmanship and not one of the lads in the shipyards was a skiver. In any job you will get crap people and good people.

What about the calls received cos the manual worker in the warehouse has cocked things up.?

When I bought my house (new build) I had to phone the office several times due to 'the real workers' not doing their jobs properly & causing me loads of problems

I wouldn't say the majority of office workers are call centres staff either. Loads are either non front line or non reactive roles.

Last edited:
State of the manual workers here man :lol: Pure envy.

Too

He's on about building stuff. What are the designs done on for buildings for example?

Imagine wanting a job where you come home covered in dirt and absolutely honking :lol:

Schooling them here.

You being satisfied at building your shed isn't going to keep the economy going.

Without computers/office/call centre type gigs people would have been fucked as they wouldn't have had money from the job retention scheme in next to no time.
What about the calls received cos the manual worker in the warehouse has cocked things up.?

When I bought my house (new build) I had to phone the office several times due to 'the real workers' not doing their jobs properly & causing me loads of problems

I wouldn't say the majority of office workers are call centres staff either. Loads are either non front line or non reactive roles.

All spot on.

It's funny how it's aways manual workers pissed off/mouthing off with/about office workers, yet its never the other way around. Almost as if they are envious and wished they weren't in the job/sector they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: 42
The biggest problem office workers have is controlling their diet. Imagine having to travel to the same place every day listening to Janice and what antics her youngings have been upto. Thats why a lot of them are desperate to wfh because they cant stand going to work and forcibly acting interested in some boring twats tales. Theres been enough threads on here about it. In all seriousness though only the higher positions id imagine will be wfh permanently or near enough. If you're answering phones you'll be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back