Work dilemma

a good payoff would be a good outcome

indeed, some absolute idiots abound, especially in middle management
So they’re middle management which means you’ve not climbed the ladder even a little bit and you believe you should have a promotion.

The reason you haven’t been promoted is probably you.

Moo has hit the nail on the head.

My friend would be well happy with that tbf
My friend could double his salary in another job
So why not just go to the new job ? Only way to get a decent pay rise most the time.
because they are not shit and have rights of 20 day min pay off per years served
this was in the context of them not
Doing the work for the client. If they want rid they can find ways with no need for a payout.

Last edited:
So they’re middle management which means you’ve not climbed the ladder even a little bit and you believe you should have a promotion.

The reason you haven’t been promoted is probably you.

Moo has hit the nail on the head.

Yes middle management are f***ing me, but the lad on the board of directors has streamlined me for promotion.

Who wins there? :cool:
If it’s a significant payoff I’m assuming you’ve been there a long time.

Seriously, you sound unemployable. I mean they do.

Its win win

Yes middle management are f***ing me, but the lad on the board of directors has streamlined me for promotion.

Who wins there? :cool:

Its win win

I’ve no idea what the first paragraph means. A director has said you’ll be promoted and the middle manager has vetoed it?

I’d be getting out. I’d take the payout and double money.

I would.

Only consideration is, if they’ve been there a while they might struggle to settle into a new workplace and end up bouncing about between a few miserable jobs in the interim.

remote IT jobs with more money all over, know what you mean though
Not even middle management then?

I'm starting to query whether the OP even has a friend.

you a middle manager, sorry to hear that mate, keep going mind

Last edited:
Lets say hypothetically there was a person working for a consulting company

And lets say hypothetically that consulting company refused him a promotion despite excellent work for the client

What would happen then if said person said - fuck it I will not connect to client and do the work

how would that work out, do we think?
Reminds me of when harry redknapp demanded a huge chunk of the rio ferdinand fee. “Ah raised him since he was a boy”. Yeh that was your job you saggy faced mouthbreather.

Definitely been sacked they applying now for a bingo caller in Washinton as we speak 🤣 .
Connect to clients = shout the numbers out

When I was middle management I thought I’d made it. Looking back the entire middle management team were just a load of pricks lost in the woods.

Not saying you are wrong but what does?
I've been promoted when not looking for it but I have seen others time and again not get it for reasons I can not fathom.
What equals a promotion? If there were f***ing rules we could play to them but in reality it is all just situational or nepotismal bollocks
Promotion should be based on the ability to do the job you’re being promoted into and not the ability to do the job you’re currently doing (obviously there are typically fairly significant overlaps between the two).

Software development is a good example of this, a lot of exceptional developers couldn’t manage a fart so wouldn’t be promoted on the typical management path. Conversely, a load of bang average developers actually make better managers than they do developers. Thankfully companies have wised up to this and you now get a lot of technical pathways as well as management which allows people with appalling people skills to progress.
because they are not shit and have rights of 20 day min pay off per years served
If the person, hypothetically, refuses to do their job then not being shit won’t come in to it, the company will have grounds to dismiss them.

Not sure why but I always thought you were retired (hypothetically).

Last edited:
Promotion,bonus,even a Well done is rarely a promise in any job
If you feel under valued leave
You can't just not do your work because you dont get what you want

Back