Work dilemma

FootballFan

Striker
Lets say hypothetically there was a person working for a consulting company

And lets say hypothetically that consulting company refused him a promotion despite excellent work for the client

What would happen then if said person said - fuck it I will not connect to client and do the work

how would that work out, do we think?

It sounds like they already think said person is a bellend, so would take great pleasure in sacking them. They would then ask someone else to get in touch with the client and not give a fuck about said person.

And lets say hypothetically that consulting company refused him a promotion despite excellent work for the client

What would happen then if said person said - fuck it I will not connect to client and do the work

Ask why there isn’t a promotion and you and half way there.

You'll be taken off the client and be back of the queue for everything. If you don't lose your job.

Thats called life.

You've basically done your job.

Promotion comes with a pay rise, so the consultants work winning needs to go up, and their day rate needs to go up with the implications of that, and they need to show their leadership helps junior colleagues be more productive, deliver better work, and win work themselves.

It is work winning company profit growth which should drive promotion. Doing an excellent job should be the baseline case for every project every consultant works on.

“Excellent” work doesn’t equal a promotion.

I’d get rid of the entitled little bellend and let some other poor unfortunate soul deal with his dreadful personality.

Hypothetically.
Not saying you are wrong but what does?
I've been promoted when not looking for it but I have seen others time and again not get it for reasons I can not fathom.
What equals a promotion? If there were f***ing rules we could play to them but in reality it is all just situational or nepotismal bollocks

Back