Wonderkids from Fifa 2018

• Thread starter Deleted member 4700
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone's interested in how FM pulls their data together, Miles Jacobson (think that's his name) has an episode on the quickly Kevin podcast

More accurate stats than any scout could ever accurately provide. The game developers probably spent the bulk of their time working out the player stats with football clubs. Looking at the stats for the individual players, they ARE very accurate especially for the higher leagues. They are just stats though, it doesn't mean you can have the ability to apply these skills, much like a graduate looks great on paper but totally crap with the application. Ya get me?

Champ/Football manager and FIFA certainly seem to get more accurate as time goes by. Still waiting for Mads Jorgensen, Mattias Asper and Kennedy Bakircioglu to become champions League stars

Yes, I know it was 2 and a half years ago, but most of them are top prospects and are playing for top teams.
So, my question is, how accurate are the players potential/prospect factors for players in games like Fifa and FM?
  • Gianluigi Donnarumma (GK) (Age 18) - Potential 90+
  • Alban Lafont (GK) (Age 18) - Potential 84+ Signed
  • Jonathan Tah (CB) (Age 21) - Potential 85+
  • Andreas Christensen (CB/CDM) (Age 21) - Potential 85+ Signed
  • Benjamin Henrichs (RB/LB) (Age 20) - Potential 82+
  • Issa Diop (CB) (Age 20) - Potential 81+ Signed
  • Theo Hernandez (LB) (Age 19) - Potential 81+
  • Malang Sarr (CB/LB) (Age 17) - Potential 80+ Signed
  • Thomas Lemar (LM) (Age 21) - Potential 89+
  • Phil Foden (CAM) (Age 16) -Potential 89+
  • Ousmane Dembele (RM/RW/LM/CAM) (Age 20) - Potential 89+
  • Youri Tielemans (CM/CAM) (Age 20) - Potential 87+
  • Christian Pulisic (RM/RW/LW/LM) (Age 18) - Potential 85+ Signed
  • Renato Sanches (CM) (Age 19) - Potential 83+
  • Douglas Luiz (CM/CDM) (Age 19) - Potential 81+
  • Marco Asensio (CAM/RM/LM/LW) (Age 21) - Potential 91+
  • Dele Alli (CAM/CF/LM) (Age 21) - Potential 90+
  • Gabriel Jesus (ST) (Age 20) - Potential 90+
  • Kylian Mbappe (ST) (Age 18) - Potential 89+ Signed
  • Anthony Martial (LM/ST) (Age 21) - Potential 87+
  • Leroy Sane (LW/RW/LM) (Age 21) - Potential 87+
  • Marcus Rashford (ST/RM/LM) (Age 19) - Potential 86+
  • Kasper Dolberg (ST) (Age 19) - Potential 85+

If anyone's interested in how FM pulls their data together, Miles Jacobson (think that's his name) has an episode on the quickly Kevin podcast

Good listen this.

He mentioned in earlier versions some Watford players were always class because he overestimated them.

I remember Vernazza, McNamee and Tommy Smith being hellish on CM4 :lol:

Cherno Samba smashed in the winner for me in the world cup final, i could have cried with joy.
Great days staring at text and numbers on a screen and getting so emotionally invested in it.

Cherno Samba smashed in the winner for me in the world cup final, i could have cried with joy.
Great days staring at text and numbers on a screen and getting so emotionally invested in it.

and then two hours until the next season started.

I’ve been banging on about Exequiel Palacios for a while - he got his coveted move to Europe this month.
I told everyone about Robinho from Santos I think it was. Few years later there he is holding the Man City shirt thinking he’d signed for Chelsea.
It was always a nervy wait to see if anyone signed him in the first season as he would always agree to join Sunderland in season 2 assuming promotion had been achieved 😂
With Sunderland my go to transfers at the start were Morten Gamst Pedersen from Molmo on a season long loan with an agreed fee of £1.5m at the end. Then wait for Wimbledon to go into administration and steal Lionel Morgan for £300k. I’d loan John Welsh and Richie Partridge for the year too if the big clubs didn’t try and buy them.
It’s mental how I can recall all of that like it was yesterday but can’t remember what I did 10 mins ago.

Last edited:
I told everyone about Robinho from Santos I think it was. Few years later there he is holding the Man City shirt thinking he’d signed for Chelsea.

With Sunderland my go to transfers at the start were Morten Gamst Pedersen from Molmo on a season long loan with an agreed fee of £1.5m at the end. Then wait for Wimbledon to go into administration and steal Lionel Morgan for £300k. I’d loan John Welsh and Richie Partridge for the year too if the big clubs didn’t try and buy them.
It’s mental how I can recall all of that like it was yesterday but can’t remember what I did 10 mins ago.
Two left wingers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back