Wonderkids from Fifa 2018

• Thread starter Deleted member 4700
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
CM 01/02 iirc. Arca, Macho and Medina always turned out to be world beaters in that one.
Arca and Medina shared the captaincy in my all conquering Sunderland side. Juan Carlos Valeron, Stefan Selakovic, Kim Kalmstrom, Michael Dobson, a centre half from South America whose name escapes me - great lads. :lol:

Arca and Medina shared the captaincy in my all conquering Sunderland side. Juan Carlos Valeron, Stefan Selakovic, Kim Kalmstrom, Michael Dobson, a centre half from South America whose name escapes me - great lads. :lol:

Cant remember the exact champ but Cristiano Ronaldo and Ronaldinho were well predicted at Sporting Lisbon and Gremio in Champ. Javier Saviola and Martin Palermo were also pretty well sourced at 16 and ended up playing in Spain at some point.

Most of those guys were always showing signs of being on an upward trajectory in 2018 tbf. Football Manager is the daddy in terms of predicting unknowns to be stars, clubs are even using it as a legitimate scouting database these days.
maybe we should suggest our club using FM, i can only be better then what we have.

Mine CL winning side was:

Jurgen Macho
David Prutton - Hannu Tihinen - Taribo West - Julio Arca
Julius Aghahowa - Nicholas Medina - Mark Kerr - Kim Kallstrom
Joe Cole
Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Champ man definitely had some big misses. The newer FM games get it spot on 99 times out of 100.
About the same hit rate as FourFourTwo imo

Last edited:
I had Anelka score 120 goals in a single season on FM and 200 total with him and Jeffers. Farnerud, Aghahowa, Ronaldinho behind them. All out attack every game. We won everything

To Madeira and was it Andri Sigporsson who were legends. I know the first one was made up. Michael Duff, Carl Laurie and Billy Jones (aye, that one) were fantastic when they were at Cheltenham and Crewe.

To Madeira and was it Andri Sigporsson who were legends. I know the first one was made up. Michael Duff, Carl Laurie and Billy Jones (aye, that one) were fantastic when they were at Cheltenham and Crewe.
Aye Billy Jones was always a must buy for Sunderland, could get him for cheap.

We should focus our scouting on Fifa and FM. Possibly Sensible Soccer for a laugh.
I remember Phil Gray being our only player valued at more than £1m. Used to score loads with my striker so his value would rise and everyone else's just plummeted. Think it was Sensible World of Soccer.

Fifa, not so much, the list you wrote was very obvious.

FM absolutely, when you consider what the actual database is, its no surprise. The network they have can not be competed against by a singular club.

I've never quite understood how they fact check it though to make sure the stats are accurate. Wasn't there one when Kevin Kyle was randomly made absolutely class? For smaller clubs they must have to pretty much just go off the say so of whoever compiles it (and even then I'd probably overestimate SAFC players and such likes). I know they do get it pretty accurate, but always wondered how

I've never quite understood how they fact check it though to make sure the stats are accurate. Wasn't there one when Kevin Kyle was randomly made absolutely class? For smaller clubs they must have to pretty much just go off the say so of whoever compiles it (and even then I'd probably overestimate SAFC players and such likes). I know they do get it pretty accurate, but always wondered how
They buy the version 2 or 3 years after to see if they improve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back