Wolves

apart from Newcastle everybody who stayed up has spent a fortune, dont think wolves are that much better than anyone else

Wolves have the advantage. A bit like Newcastle did. That that the team coming up from the Championship was already vastly superior for that level and contained a few premier league quality players.

Wolves were paying 10 million plus and signing premier league quality whilst still in the Championship. So didn't need to buy and integrate a whole new premier league standard 11

I think this lot have been overrated too much from some fans and in the media but I do think they appear to have enough quality to stay up comfortably. Would expect a finish between about 11th-14th for them.

Their players are comfortable on the ball but they struggled to get in behind us enough the other day other than that one chance for Jiminez in the 2nd half where Pickford made that good save. The red card changed the game as before that point, they had done very little and didn't really pose a threat. Neves and Moutinho are their standout players so will be interesting to see how they do against the rest of the league. They looked weak defensively but they do also have a couple of new signings to come in to the team too.

If they get beat at Leicester though they could be in for a poor return from their opening 5 or 6 fixtures as they have to play City and United in that time and teams need momentum at the start of the season and if they don't get it, that is when they can start to struggle.

i
Wolves have the advantage. A bit like Newcastle did. That that the team coming up from the Championship was already vastly superior for that level and contained a few premier league quality players.

Wolves were paying 10 million plus and signing premier league quality whilst still in the Championship. So didn't need to buy and integrate a whole new premier league standard 11
just think apart from the top 6 there are abput 5 or 6 teans better than them. I dont see them in the top half, i dont think they will go down but i dint they they will do as well as everybody thinks, i dont see them having someone who will get 15 goals

i

just think apart from the top 6 there are abput 5 or 6 teans better than them. I dont see them in the top half, i dont think they will go down but i dint they they will do as well as everybody thinks, i dont see them having someone who will get 15 goals

I think they will do well for a newly promoted side. Mid table for first year up is very good.

But they had a team far too good for the Championship and have added to it. So I'd expect them to do well.

I think they will do well for a newly promoted side. Mid table for first year up is very good.

But they had a team far too good for the Championship and have added to it. So I'd expect them to do well.
They got 99 points , other teams in the past have got over 100 points. Defensively they are weak. I think they will end up just above the relegation zone

They got 99 points , other teams in the past have got over 100 points. Defensively they are weak. I think they will end up just above the relegation zone

Maybe. We will see. I'm not sure you can equitably compare year on year. The quality of that league has improved The last few years with the calibre of club down there and the money being spent and quality of players attracted to the Championship

Spurs were underwhelming. I assume that they had a bad day. Newcastle playing well, particularly in the second half, obviously does not come into consideration i assume?
Woodwork twice and a very decent stop by Lloris or we would have gained a deserved point.

It was a game i expected nothing from however i was very pleased with the positive performance.
So missing the target and the goalkeeper doing his job = deserved a point :lol:

So missing the target and the goalkeeper doing his job = deserved a point :lol:

No. Read the post again sir. I am intimating that were it no for the woodwork and the keeper doing his job we would have gained a point. A point which, on the balance of play, would have been well deserved.

No. Read the post again sir. I am intimating that were it no for the woodwork and the keeper doing his job we would have gained a point. A point which, on the balance of play, would have been well deserved.
I can see you are trying to take the positives from the game. You narrowly lost to a top four side, which sounds promising. On the negative side - Spurs were poor on the day(Kane looked like he'd just got out of bed) and were still too good for you.

Hitting the woodwork and the ball then not going in the goal counts as a miss marra. Scoring goals is part of the 'play' so on the 'balance of play' you got what you deserved.

I just hope they've been savvy enough money wise.

Apparently there are these clauses you can put in which drop the players' wages if you get relegated.

They should make sure they do that.

Also not sign players who end up in jail.

Also not sign players on loan, agree to sign them for 10mill and then mess up the paperwork, pay the 10mill but the player goes to another club for nowt.

Stuff like that.

..... and not appoint people who know nothing about running a football club.

Take ya pick..

Are you a wolves fan ? If so how many of those players would have come to your club if you weren't throwing silly money at them...

Welcome to the Premier League

it didn't do Chelsea or Man City any harm.

We had the same comments on this board last season when we signed Jota & Neves yet both still gave everything for the club.

Their defence is pretty poor at this level with the likes of Ryan Bennett and Conor Coady starting every week.
Moutinho and Neves are very good individually but they'll be overrun as the only two central midfielders.
They don't have a striker they can rely on for goals. At least, based on Jimenez's record.
Their manager seems very stubborn.

We were cruising against them until the red card yesterday and even after that they didn't create much.

Jimenez record is pretty good actually if you compare goals to minutes rather than games.

Pretty much agree with everything else though. Defence needs a huge upgrade

Last edited:
Welcome to the Premier League

it didn't do Chelsea or Man City any harm.

We had the same comments on this board last season when we signed Jota & Neves yet both still gave everything for the club.

Jimenez record is pretty good actually if you compare goals to minutes rather than games.

Pretty much agree with everything else though. Defence needs a huge upgrade
Good luck for the season mate enjoyed watching Wolves in the Championship, think you’ll be involved in some cracking matches especially at home

Good luck for the season mate enjoyed watching Wolves in the Championship, think you’ll be involved in some cracking matches especially at home
Why you posting to your other log in ? Although you did this as Leicester Fake too didn’t you :lol:

Cheers mate it's certainly going to be fun

Much better than the last few times we've been promoted and really struggled

Ps I'm not Jay :lol:

Why you posting to your other log in ? Although you did this as Leicester Fake too didn’t you :lol:

I thought jay was a Leicester fan?

So are you saying jay, some random Leicester fan and myself are all the same person?

Last edited:

Back