***Wolverhampton Wanderers U21 v Sunderland AFC U21 Kick Off 7pm***

What a great game of football. Our lot played some tremendous football with great performances all over the pitch. Bell and Fieldson were fantastic but I'd give Bell the extra 1/2 point for a performance without blemish. Thought there No.7 was a class act and gave Middlemass a hard game but one he relished and kept chasing. Bashed the football blues away watching that, cheers young'uns and I'll look forward to the next one.
Good post, Wolves were easily the bigger and more athletic side but none of our lads were bullied tonight. Ogunsuyi is going to be strong as an ox, just needs to work on the decision making.

Watson has been injured as well it just won't happen out of duty of care they didn't even start rigg 2 games in 4 days probably for the same reason
After they played Forest on Friday night a couple of weeks ago, 3 or 4 of them then travelled down to Southampton to sit on the bench the following afternoon.

No I get it. The point I'm trying to make is let these lads get as many minutes in the tank as possible at u21s. Cut their teeth almost. An example In my opinion that 90 tonight was more beneficial for Watson than sitting on the bench tomorrow in the hope of gets a few minutes run out. Same with all of them really
I agree to an extent, if they are going to be on the bench it needs to be with a view to getting actual first team minutes, not like Kelly earlier in the season.

Dodds spoke today about the young uns needing to earn a place in the last 5 games and there’s at least a couple more deserving than Burstow and Hemir at the moment.

I agree to an extent, if they are going to be on the bench it needs to be with a view to getting actual first team minutes, not like Kelly earlier in the season.

Dodds spoke today about the young uns needing to earn a place in the last 5 games and there’s at least a couple more deserving than Burstow and Hemir at the moment.
I'd totally write Burstow off. He's shown nothing at any level he's played for us. I do thing Hemir has something though in my opinion.

I liked all the lads who played tonight. Think they all have a chance for a career in the game. Need to remember we had 4 u18s starting Watson, Trey, Lavery and Bell. That's excellent
Top 16 go to the knockout. Top 12 European competition next season.
Cheers mate.

Careful what ya wish for with Watson getting a run out in last 5 games.When they struggle to replace Clarke in summer speakman will be ramming him down our throats saying it was the plan all along.

Watson runs like Clarke in the gliding way where he drags the ball with his feet as he runs, and when he score he bounced up in the air on the spot exactly like Clarke.

If he can take care of the ball like him we could have an instant replacement

Careful what ya wish for with Watson getting a run out in last 5 games.When they struggle to replace Clarke in summer speakman will be ramming him down our throats saying it was the plan all along.
That's already happened mate. That the hierarchy think Clarke's replacement is already in the building. Many thought they meant Mundle, but I think they mean Watson. I expect him to get minutes pre season and take it from there.

That's already happened mate. That the hierarchy think Clarke's replacement is already in the building. Many thought they meant Mundle, but I think they mean Watson. I expect him to get minutes pre season and take it from there.
Highly doubt Watson will suddenly become the player replacing one of the best in the league

Back