With performances continuing like this how many more matches before you jack it in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll always go but I'm becoming less bothered. Been working away so haven't been to a game since Derby! Longest I've missed games week in week out for years! Looking forward to Saturday :lol: Expecting a draw at the very most though

Nothing will ever stop me going

The lack of money in the 60's, hooligans in the 70's, kids to pay for in the 80s, playing in the 3rd division etc etc etc.

If you're not a boring person you'll always have a laugh at the games ..... loads of good mates new and old.

Can't wait to get back off holiday and at a few games.
And mates you have not met yet.

Nothing will ever stop me going

The lack of money in the 60's, hooligans in the 70's, kids to pay for in the 80s, playing in the 3rd division etc etc etc.

If you're not a boring person you'll always have a laugh at the games ..... loads of good mates new and old.

Can't wait to get back off holiday and at a few games.
Understand what you're saying mate. Having lived darn sarf till '86 used to love going to away games and occasional trips to Roker. Having moved up in 86 and having seaon ticket since then i now feel im attending as sense of loyalty. If you went to every home game your sentiments may change! Away games are/ were a good laugh but im not so sure about the antics of the concourse beer boys throwers etc!

Love going to the matches and seeing mates, having a drink and stuff. I'd never stop going, much though I might not always enjoy the football! Plus I always feel that when we eventually become decent (I know, probably won't ever happen) I'll enjoy it more knowing I stuck with it through times like this and the 15 point season. Only thing that would stop me going is if I couldn't afford it any more. Mind, I can fully understand why others might fuck it off, not exactly entertaining at the minute and hasn't been for years

this all day,tis what keeps me gannin:cool:

Can't not go, it's a social thing, an addiction, but mostly it's always a hope thing, I want the feeling that I get when Philips scores against Chelsea, when borini thumps it in against the mags, or when kone keeps us up and relegates the fuckers, can't beat the feeling.

Same here marra.

On the train back home this morning already looking forward to Ipswich away next week.

It's an addiction you can't shake off easily even if you wanted to.

Hoping for 500+ at Ipswich next week and for us to get behind the Lads as usual.

It's what being a fan is all about.

Same here marra.

On the train back home this morning already looking forward to Ipswich away next week.

Hoping for 500+ at Ipswich next week and for us to get behind the Lads as usual.

Fully understand what you exiles are saying. I was there once. Im in same age bracket as you lads. But i reckon if you had to suffer home games every other week you may not feel quite the same. Not saying im right like. But away games have always been a better experience in the main

Same here marra.

Telt ya, fucken Sod's law, could make Ipswich but no train home & gotta be at work early next day :(

Reading earlier posts, mabbees cos the likes of Reiver & me lived away as young uns, it meant the home games were like awaydays;) ;)

Telt ya, fucken Sod's law, could make Ipswich but no train home & gotta be at work early next day :(

Reading earlier posts, mabbees cos the likes of Reiver & me lived away as young uns, it meant the home games were like awaydays;) ;)
They certainly were. Especially in 70s. As it was infrequent a trip to roker park was a great occasion and indeed an away day. Totally agree. Nowadays travelling 10 miles to SOL every other week is not the same! Pre and post match beers excepted if you get my drift! Quite often i think i would like to return to exile status and not feel obliged to go to every home game. Anyhow thats my take!

Last edited:
Honestly kidding are ye not. A choice between a few beers then watching the lads get stuffed with me tartan blanket round me knees in the East Stand or get dragged round the shops by her indoors.
It might get bad at the SoL but never that bad.
Xmas effing shopping.
Get a grip.
This

You're relatively active on here mind. How can you not know or be interested in how the lads have done, that being the case? Genuine question, I'm just curious.

No matter how shit, and I remember the 3rd div season all too well, I'm unable to distance myself to that degree.
I find it hard to believe tbh

I've stopped going, I wont put another penny in Shorts pocket.

You're not supporting the future of the club attending matches, starve Short of funds and he'll have to leave.

I've stopped going, I wont put another penny in Shorts pocket.

You're not supporting the future of the club attending matches, starve Short of funds and he'll have to leave.

Nah he won't, Short is going to be fine regardless of what happens to us. Starve the club of money and it'll die. What sort of idiot would buy SAFC with all of our debt and a fanbase that has lost interest?

Already have. The lack of tv coverage and having to pay to listen has done the job for me.

I don't miss it.

Already have. The lack of tv coverage and having to pay to listen has done the job for me.

I don't miss it.
But you still post on here, why bother if you don't miss it. You must read the posts to find out what's going on or do you mean you don't miss it but you are still interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back