Winter Jackets

I'm a short fatty and the large is just right for me. The sleeves could maybe do with a few millimetres off but not worth me sending it back to get adjusted. Got one of their shirts in large as well and it fits well.
I have a large Barbour that is a lot more roomy.
I'm really impressed with the quality. Time will tell if it is worth the money.
I think the quality is good, doubt you'll have any problems there.

The utility jacket and blouson are reduced now.
I was buying some basic stuff on Uniqlo and had to drag myself away. :lol: I really don't need another coat, especially as I caved in and got a Frahm a few months back.
My friend is organising a clothes drive thing for kids at her school so I decided to have a clear out. Couple jackets I haven't worn in years but hard to part with. Nearly wore one of them last night.:lol:
Another one I'm happy to give away but not happy with the bullying any kid would receive who got it, so decided I best keep it for now.
The jacket is less than £40 now :)
Incidentally, talking of winter jackets, had a Barbour on for the match last night and it passed the test with flying colours as per keeping the cold away 🔥

Last edited:
Incidentally, talking of winter jackets, had a Barbour on for the match last night and it passed the test with flying colours as per keeping the cold away 🔥
Got a heavy/thick Barbour wax parka bought few year back and still does the job in the winter, most traditional wax barbours are crap for keeping warm mind, waterproof aye but not for warmth

It wasn’t even cold last night man. I was dreading it, but I’d go as far to say it was mild.

They’re giving the Uniqlo x Engineered Garments ones away at the minute. They’re good quality as well.
Just seen this. I bought one full price before Christmas (which was still a cracking price), never wore it then saw how much they were selling for now to sent it back and bought one at that price.
Had it on for the match last night and it was spot-on
I got the green, really nice…bought the M and the L and kept the M in the end, but depends on how oversized you want it and how many layers you’re hoying on underneath.

I have too many black winter jackets or think I’d have gone for that one….although I reckon the brown will be the one I wish I bought when they inevitably all go.

Paid a lot more for a lot less of a jacket
I got the brown one. They are oversized like

Last edited:
They’re giving the Uniqlo x Engineered Garments ones away at the minute. They’re good quality as well.

Just seen this. I bought one full price before Christmas (which was still a cracking price), never wore it then saw how much they were selling for now to sent it back and bought one at that price.
Had it on for the match last night and it was spot-on

I got the brown one. They are oversized like
I got the black one full price on the 1st day they come out, thinking they'd be sought after. How wrong was I?I thought they were a steal at 100 and odd quid, never mind 40. They are a lovely coat, really warm n'all!
Unbelievable jacket for 40 quid

I got the black one full price on the 1st day they come out, thinking they'd be sought after. How wrong was I?I thought they were a steal at 100 and odd quid, never mind 40. They are a lovely coat, really warm n'all!

Unbelievable jacket for 40 quid
Same here mate. The previous collaborations have sold out straight away and, as you say, been sought after.
Still a cracking jacket though and did the trick last night.
I’ll see you in the Edwin section with them on

Got a heavy/thick Barbour wax parka bought few year back and still does the job in the winter, most traditional wax barbours are crap for keeping warm mind, waterproof aye but not for warmth
I had a Barbour, can’t remember the name of it Beaufort/Bedale something like that and it was not warm at all. Just an outer skin really.

Went for a mountain equipments Triton jacket.

I little disappointed with it's warmth to be honest. The double ended zip is also poor.

However, it's very comfortable and the waterproofing is an excellent feature for UK winters. The deep fur lined pockets are also good.

It's also a better fit than most for the more burlier gent.

Not worth full price but ok in a good sale.

Just get it and hide it in your wardrobe for a while
This.

I can’t believe how quickly they’ve dropped in price…..there’s a rabbit away somewhere like, they were good value at full whack. Wonder if someone added a 0 to the production quantities and they need to get them shifted :)

Incidentally, I had an Engineered Garments heavyweight Over Parka on last night….warm as toast!

EG gear is the bollocks like, me current favourite

This.

I can’t believe how quickly they’ve dropped in price…..there’s a rabbit away somewhere like, they were good value at full whack. Wonder if someone added a 0 to the production quantities and they need to get them shifted :)

Incidentally, I had an Engineered Garments heavyweight Over Parka on last night….warm as toast!

EG gear is the bollocks like, me current favourite
I just bought a short cord jacket engineered garments from hipstore last week. 165 from 350 quid. Nice jacket, but no way I would've paid full for it. Shoved it in the back of the wardrobe til the weather breaks a bit.

Aye the one I had on last night is a heavy winter version, f***ing ton weight actually

Back