Winter Coats/Jackets

15x stronger than steel.
3 x stronger than spider web. Yours for only £800!

3 x stronger than spider web. Yours for only £800!
I don’t need a coat that’s 3x stronger than a spider web,but I do need a decent jacket that keeps me snug at temps as low as -41 at times,it’s like the 10 grand Rolex,it’s relative,if you have the cash and it’s something you want get it.Some lads spunk 800 a year on fags or booze or take-always or scratch-cards,if that’s how they choose to spend their cash it’s their choice.

I got one of these, mens, black funnel neck overcoat from Matalan last week.
They're fully lined, and keep the cold out.
It was only £44 but they've now gone back up in price, to £55.

I thought there was something wrong morally, regarding the way animals are killed to provide Canada goose coats with the warmth they provide?

That’s like something Roy Cropper would turn out to the Rovers in.

I was in Reynolds the other day and they had a Swedish make in all reduced to less than half price (about £50). Great fit, looked good and were warm as owt.

Didriksons was the make.
They sound like a bargain. I bought a Didrikson coat a few years ago (think it was reduced to 160) and it's worn very well. More than adequate for UK weather.

They sound like a bargain. I bought a Didrikson coat a few years ago (think it was reduced to 160) and it's worn very well. More than adequate for UK weather.
I wish I’d got one now. Thought, no need for it but in hindsight I was talking rubbish.

Couple of Ted Bakers reduced:

My faithful Fred Perry winter parka is coming to an end after a good few years. Looked at prices for a new one and they're £350ish for a similar one :eek:.

Where's best to look for a heavy duty/waterproof and warm coat that will last a few years?

I'm tempted to wait until January to see if there are any on sale.

I paid £120 for a Fred Perry parka in Debenham just after Christmas last year.

Back