Winter 2020 cricket Aus, NZ, SA

Not sure if you get the same commentary as us but Gavaskar said it has a big following in India and remains popular. This will surely cement it. He acknowledged that it was probably India's greatest series win ever.

Aye for sure, as I say our series against them, the 4-1, was a brilliant series, and was big big news there

we play 9 tests against India this year! far too many like, but be exciting.

Wonder if this series, or this calendar year is going to start to see a changing of the guard for Australia. Paine is surely on borrowed time, Warner showing signs of decline, Wade, Burns, Harris not up to the job, even Smith isn't hitting the heights he was. If Cummins or Hazlewood pull up with an injury you have to say we are in excellent shape to at least compete down under next winter

Great finish and just desserts for the Aussies.

First time I’ve watched this commentary, far cry from the days of Lawry, Greig, Slats, Healy etc.
It was crap, anyone know who the commentary team was?
Wonder if this series, or this calendar year is going to start to see a changing of the guard for Australia. Paine is surely on borrowed time, Warner showing signs of decline, Wade, Burns, Harris not up to the job, even Smith isn't hitting the heights he was. If Cummins or Hazlewood pull up with an injury you have to say we are in excellent shape to at least compete down under next winter
Paine will get the sack for this. It’s a case of any excuse to get Steve Smith back in as captain.

Got a better average than Cummins but never looks like he will run through a team, if Cummins went down id fancy our chances. (Johnson was deadly in 2013 but was massively helped by Harris, if its just Hazlewood we could just see him off)

Great finish and just desserts for the Aussies.

First time I’ve watched this commentary, far cry from the days of Lawry, Greig, Slats, Healy etc.
It was crap, anyone know who the commentary team was?

Paine will get the sack for this. It’s a case of any excuse to get Steve Smith back in as captain.
I think Warner, Snith and mini-Smith are the only players in the top 7 who are worth their place. The bowling attack is fine, but where are the runs coming from - they seems to switch out the likes of Marsh, Khwaja, Burns, Wade, Head etc with monotonous regularity

Got a better average than Cummins but never looks like he will run through a team, if Cummins went down id fancy our chances. (Johnson was deadly in 2013 but was massively helped by Harris, if its just Hazlewood we could just see him off)

Cummins and Hazlewood are 2 of the best Australia have produced

the interested thing is that Starc and Lyon were really poor, I thought they were poor int the Ashes too

I suspect Starc might not be first choice by the time the Ashes come.

It shows they are beatable but its still very very hard mind.

55 of the last 5 overs for India there, that takes some guts, as they could have lost going for it
I think Warner, Snith and mini-Smith are the only players in the top 7 who are worth their place. The bowling attack is fine, but where are the runs coming from - they seems to switch out the likes of Marsh, Khwaja, Burns, Wade, Head etc with monotonous regularity

Aye true, worth noting that the Marsh's were excellent last Ashes over therr

Athers made the point on Sky, a lot now depends on Warner, he was really poor here and in England, is that a blip or is he on the way out. Its so vital because Smith and Marcus L are bankers, but if Warner isn't the player he was, then their batting looks extremely vulnerable.

Last edited:
Pucovski looks a player when not concussed, patterson is a good batsman so surprised they have played wade

Back