Winning the Lotto. Why go public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

You'd be hounded the rest of your life.

I'd have to think for a while before telling Mrs Exile tbh. I'm not sure I would even tell the family for a year or two, let the curiosity die down.

if I'm buying Ferrari's and living in hebburn , somene's gonna suss i won :p

wouldn't fancy me windows going thru every night

Whats to organise? Unless you're going to invest it to make more money, which is just being greedy.

Just split it up between a few banks, earn a bit of interest & just enjoy yourself without going stupidly daft that you blow it all.
It's not that as such. They have a duty to educate to help protect winners against blowing all their money. This service is provided whether you go public or not.

Id turn up for work with £25k cash, hold 5 raffles for £5k each and then watch the ensuing mayhem as the losers go mental. Them I'd be off - chuckling as I went.

Got to be a half way house on this. Put it about that you've had a decent inheritance in order to explain any obvious changes. No need to cough to having millions more squirreled away.

Should go and live abroad

But how would you convert into foreign currency?

Transferwise. I think they only take off a few quid.

I don’t know if I’d give up work entirely. Id get bored. I’m bad enough itching for something to do if I’ve been off for a fortnight.

I'd still work like but I'd probably have a few months travelling around the world and getting spangled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back