Winning the Lotto. Why go public?

I've seen it reported before that if you agree to go public then the lottery people will help massively with organising your new finances, decline the publicity and it's more a case of "here's your cheque, fuck off" and you're left to your own devices...

Its a tricky one. I'd be inclined to keep shtum, but i'm sure i'd be unable to maintain an act. And Mrs R definitely couldn't keep her secret for long, so why bother.
If you don't own up, how do you help friends and family financially without them catching on ?
If you don't go public, and the media find your identity, they'll be thinking, what have they got to hide,and dig for any dirt they can find on you.
If you do go public, all friends and relatives will be wondering if they are on the rich list or the shit list. And the ones who miss out will hate you, and drop you in the shite for fun.
It must massively change your life. With all my dark secrets, i'm not sure i'd welcome a big win. Half a £million would do me. Yes, boring bastard.

I've seen it reported before that if you agree to go public then the lottery people will help massively with organising your new finances, decline the publicity and it's more a case of "here's your cheque, fuck off" and you're left to your own devices...

Whats to organise? Unless you're going to invest it to make more money, which is just being greedy.

Just split it up between a few banks, earn a bit of interest & just enjoy yourself without going stupidly daft that you blow it all.

Back