Wimbledon Tennis 2022

Are centre/ court 1 tickets normally balloted?

I have entered the ballot the last 2 years without success, so in the main it would appear so. However I think that you can still pay on the day (£130 was listed on my ticket for Centre Court), but without a guarantee you will see a match - that seemed to be the gist from the stewards anyway.

A lot of spectators don't see out the full day so resale for the last match seems the easiest option but the resale queue was huge on Saturday teatime, with a 2/3 hour anticipated wait.

Was in London at the weekend so wanted to go way some to fulfilling an ambition of going to Wimbledon. Couldn't make the full day due to other plans so rocked up at half 4 on Saturday afternoon, saw the queue for grounds tickets and walked away until Mrs. TBM convinced me to wait it out for half an hour max.

Was in the grounds within 10 minutes, ticket doesn't allow you on Centre Court, Court 1 and 2 but lets you into every other court and anywhere else on the grounds. Managed to watch a mixed doubles game on Court 16, sat on the hill for a bit, popped in the shop and spent some time in the museum. All staff incredibly friendly and the whole thing is organised very well. Some pretentious toffs there as expected but a mix of day trippers too like myself so it's not too bad. Beautiful venue and hope to manage to get on one of the main courts in years to come.

All in all, not a bad few hours for only a fiver. The museum itself is worth £20 alone for the visit.
Nice one :)

I think this has been a great Wimbledon, the German women yesterday was a great match.
What sickens me is the crowd cheering for a Mag , as a 'Brit' when he is about as British as New Zealand.
Man gets sickened by people cheering a tennis player on, whilst most others are sickened by a war in Europe.

Perspective bypass surgery?

I have entered the ballot the last 2 years without success, so in the main it would appear so. However I think that you can still pay on the day (£130 was listed on my ticket for Centre Court), but without a guarantee you will see a match - that seemed to be the gist from the stewards anyway.

A lot of spectators don't see out the full day so resale for the last match seems the easiest option but the resale queue was huge on Saturday teatime, with a 2/3 hour anticipated wait.

Have entered the ballot twice. First time got Centre Court, women's semi-finals day, second time got nowt. Unfortunately, we watched the Williams sisters smash both their opponents in very one-sided matches but there was some great men's doubles afterwards.

Although a lot of the seats are already allocated to debenture holders, I suppose it's quite a fair system but they could learn a lot from the French. Ticket holders who can't, or choose not to, attend on a particular day can resell their seats through the official site at face value - the ownership of the tickets is transferred and new names printed on the tickets when you arrive, photo ID etc required. No touting possible, which I think used to be a big problem around Roland Garros.

We had ground tickets for a couple of days and the night before we checked the order of play. Both Djokovic and Nadal were on the main court so we bought tickets for that and resold the ground tickets. Great system, great event.
He has not lived here since he was a bairn.
He moved here when he was 16. That's a bairn in my book, just like someone with 2 British parents is British.

Last edited:
Could be in for a long one with Nadal and Fritz

Potential break points for Fritz though

He does it, from a break down to now serving for the first set Fritz

Last edited:
Not a great tennis lover but watched a lot this year.

I can conclude that Kyrgios has all the talent but duck me. He needs a good old fashioned kick in the nuts.
Going on like an ADHD teenager.
He is a massive tool.

What's the obsession with trying to pretend that Norrie is British?

The BBC have been pushing the same nonsense all tournament.

Just celebrate the fact that he's very good tennis player, he doesn't need to be British.

I think this has been a great Wimbledon, the German women yesterday was a great match.
What sickens me is the crowd cheering for a Mag , as a 'Brit' when he is about as British as New Zealand.

That's proper tickled me that mind :lol: a grown man being sickened that the crowd dared to support a tennis player that wasn't born in Britain.

Not a great tennis lover but watched a lot this year.

I can conclude that Kyrgios has all the talent but duck me. He needs a good old fashioned kick in the nuts.
Going on like an ADHD teenager.
He is a massive tool.
He's like some sort of giant man baby, someone needs to sort him out.

Jimmy Connors once threatened to knock McEnroe's block off if he started kicking-off when he played him.

He has not lived here since he was a bairn.
I supported Bjog aganst Taylor...Feds against anyone, British or not, and Andy Murray against anyone...guess why?

Like all proper tennis fans, nationality doesn't matter...we follow and cheer for the quality of tennis.

You cannot be in a good place with this anger over something that cannot affect your life. Unlike yourself, I don't get out of my tree for much, and I sincerely hope you soon get to grips with your present way of thinking, because you cannot live a good life with that crap weighing you down.
He's like some sort of giant man baby, someone needs to sort him out.

Jimmy Connors once threatened to knock McEnroe's block off if he started kicking-off when he played him.
I totally agree, but then there's a part of me that sometimes applauds bad behaviour because it makes these icons normal.

Last edited:

Back