Will you be renewing?

Been going since 79/80 but missed some a while back at RP as had to play. Missed 3 seasons in prem at SOL as managed but been SC holder for years again. One of the lads I go with is 57 and I'm 56 and weve gone together since 11/12 year old. He doesn't like club ownership but I cant stand it so he is trying his best to get me to keep going , but i doubt it. May just go to sat 3pm games if can be arsed to fanny on sorting a ticket on website, will see.

BCB bullshit has hit me hard as I hate the filth so much .

Yep. Couldn’t imagine not going.

When it comes to match day I couldn’t give a single fuck who the owner is or what their ambition is. It’s not why I go.

Last edited:
Given the emails will likely be out in the next fortnight.

We will have to commit and have paid for 50% of it at least before we know who the manager will be.

Can't say I'm mad on the idea of handing over hundreds of pounds for them to then go and make another Beale like appointment in the summer.

For the first time since the relegation to League One, I'm undecided.
I am a Sunderland fan… do I renew .. yes … do I consider not renewing because everything hasn’t gone exactly as I would like it to …. Er ..no.

Although they have said it’s Dodds until the end of the season I think it’s just to take the pressure off themselves. I’m convinced they’ll announce a new manager or a manager who has agreed to takeover in the summer around when renewals are out

Yes, what else am I going to fo on a Saturday afternoon.
Wonder how many games will actually be on a Saturday afternoon, given the new TV deal. That's the only reason I'd not renew, my lad is starting U7s in the summer and if there's a tonne of clashes we'll never get over to the SOL

Given the emails will likely be out in the next fortnight.

We will have to commit and have paid for 50% of it at least before we know who the manager will be.

Can't say I'm mad on the idea of handing over hundreds of pounds for them to then go and make another Beale like appointment in the summer.

For the first time since the relegation to League One, I'm undecided.
Too f***ing right i will. Missed about half of the games this season due to one thing or another. Support the team, not the regime, remember that one?

Yes but I've no faith in these owners. Feels Like we are a feeder club for the big boys and with no ambition might as well go to my local non league.
With this and the amount of TV games we will probably have, if we end up with lots of lunchtime kickoffs I may be less likely the year after. Currently 33 years as axseason ticket holder.

Wonder how many games will actually be on a Saturday afternoon, given the new TV deal. That's the only reason I'd not renew, my lad is starting U7s in the summer and if there's a tonne of clashes we'll never get over to the SOL
There's this issue for many as well yeah.

I make Swansea only our 6th 3PM Saturday home game of the season, and it will only get worse next year.

Very doubtful. I feel like they'll get their renewals in and then the next permanent coach will be cheap and awful again.
Out of interest what counts as cheap and awful? Was Mowbray/Neil cheap and awful? How about Poyet/Allardyce? Rob Edwards seems to be a decent job, despite being out of contract. Gary O'Neil at Wolves etc.

I don't really get the SMB logic that if a manager is out of work he must be shite. There's plenty of managers out there would be expensive to get in who would be absolutely gash too.

Out of interest what counts as cheap and awful? Was Mowbray/Neil cheap and awful? How about Poyet/Allardyce? Rob Edwards seems to be a decent job, despite being out of contract. Gary O'Neil at Wolves etc.

I don't really get the SMB logic that if a manager is out of work he must be shite. There's plenty of managers out there would be expensive to get in who would be absolutely gash too.
We knew Mowbray wouldn't be the man to get us promoted and we knew Beale would last about as long as Wayne Rooney at Birmingham. If Sol Campbell gets offered the job we know that won't work either.

We knew Mowbray wouldn't be the man to get us promoted and we knew Beale would last about as long as Wayne Rooney at Birmingham. If Sol Campbell gets offered the job we know that won't work either.
Yeah but Sol wouldn't be cheap given he'd need money for all the additional security following the decades of abuse that rained down to him from the Sunderland stands...

yes two season tickets here, I like the day out like the people around where I sit, football has spoilt the day recently but I don’t have to look at the back of Beales head anymore so jobs a good un.
I’d be gutted if I decided I wanted to renew after I’d made my point and I couldn’t get my seat back.

STID

Back