Will the likes of Rusyn come good?

He doesn’t fit our formation or style of play at the moment.

If we switch to a quicker 4-3-3 with him playing out wide then maybes he will.

Playing him as a lone striker, he’s on a hiding to nothing.

I really like Rusyn and have always thought he was our best all-round option up front. I do think the lack of English is perhaps hindering him a bit, despite Tutierov (sp?) translating.

I have a feeling he’ll leave in the summer though unfortunately.

I think it's easy to forget the likes of Clarke and Roberts weren't instant hits, and I can't help but wonder if the overall youth and inexperience of the squad makes it look so much worse than it is. We seem to have written off the entire crop of youngsters we signed in the summer as not being good enough and even the slightly older ones like Ba.

But while one swallow a summer doesn't make, the quality of Rusyns goals in the u21s suggest there is clearly a player there.

I guess what I'm wondering is whether our expectations and patience is too high and short or whether they are being stifled by the inexperience heavy system we play.

Thoughts?
Rusyn can run around a lot

And…….thats about all I’ve seen

He doesn’t fit our formation or style of play at the moment.

If we switch to a quicker 4-3-3 with him playing out wide then maybes he will.

Playing him as a lone striker, he’s on a hiding to nothing.
Aye. He's clearly a Vardy-type striker who needs through balls to run on to. To play to that strength you have to set up accordingly. But we're almost the opposite usually, with tricky but slowish build-up down the wings.

If we'd signed a one decent 'oven ready' striker, who could hit the net and hold things up, then I'd be positive about the others.

Rusyn would give us a different option up front - quick, able to get in behind, or on the break.

And Hemir and Mayenda would be given time to develop more without the pressure. Hemir seemed not used to the intensity of the league early on. I have high hopes of Mayenda, but at 18 with minimal experience, he's going to need time.

But we didn't. So they've been thrust into things when they're not ready.

He's looked good making the runs a forward should whilst playing for a team who doesn't, or at least hasn't been drilled into playing the balls to accommodate him. He also hasn't been given a run of games.

I still think Hemir will come good personally he just needs some confidence. You can't just chuck in a teenager from Lisbon into our starting 11 like imo

Rusyn hasn't really impressed me much, I'd probably prefer Burstow...

Mayenda looks energetic but looks like he needs a couple of years of playing football...

Last edited:
I’ve just watched the U21 highlights and Rusyn scored two in a 3-1 win against Leeds. He’s a good little player if given the opportunity to run at goal with the ball

Last edited:
If our midfielders stop ignoring his runs. When he peels off the defender he wants to run onto a pass. Instead, he has to beat a big centre back in the air or gets flattened from behind receiving a pass into feet with the centre half’s arms around his chest. Vision and quick thinking from our midfielders will bring the best out of him.

Back